PDA

View Full Version : Squealing Brakes i think????

mike969mb
08-09-2004, 12:45 AM
Tonight while cruising with a friend i heard a noise coming from my car so i turn the music down and put the window down to listen i'm always suspicious of any noise. Seems while i'm driving i'm getting a squealing scratching sound coming from my front passenger brake i believe, what could cause this, sounds just like a metal to metal surface thing.

Any help is appreciated, dont have my jack stands and a place to work on my car, so any suggestoins will be good cuz probably have to go borrow my friends tools and driveway.

Mike

pinoyesv6
08-09-2004, 01:03 AM
check out the brakes. make sure that its clean and free of any debris. check the pads make sure that they are still good.

torque the lug nuts to spec.

look for signs of rubbing or wear in places where there shouldn't be any.

mike969mb
08-09-2004, 01:08 AM
think could be debri stuck between the pads possibly? I hate when something is wrong with my car its my baby i get worried haha. I was standing outside at 1am trying under a street light to exam it

mike969mb
08-09-2004, 10:43 AM
my friend who's a mechanic is telling me not to worry and that its dirt and stuff and to hose it out or clean it out.

Importemptress
08-09-2004, 02:07 PM
well you can hose it out or clean it out or change your brakes if it is the metal to metal prob....or you can just find a deserted (or not bussie) road come to a complete stop and punch it.. 8) ..when you reach about 30-40 mph slam on your brakes, and if there is some debri in there, that should help it come out. (thats what i did and it worked good) no more squealing. :idea:

mike969mb
08-09-2004, 10:43 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Importemptress)</div><div class='quotemain'>well you can hose it out or clean it out or change your brakes if it is the metal to metal prob....or you can just find a deserted (or not bussie) road come to a complete stop and punch it.. 8) ..when you reach about 30-40 mph slam on your brakes, and if there is some debri in there, that should help it come out. (thats what i did and it worked good) no more squealing. :idea:</div>

wound up using a hose and cleaning them good and re-torquing my front lug nuts.