PDA

View Full Version : QUESTION: Which wilk cause bounciness, shocks or springs?

ECDPinoy
08-09-2004, 09:07 AM
...just wanna know guys...just in case i decided to replace any/both suspension components...i have a KYB and PROGRESS and i feel a bit bouncy, the drop and suspension stiffeness is perfect...

...and also, does the bump stops has to be trimmed when installing this setup, i read on other websites that bounciness can be cause by untrimmed bump stops?...true or false?...

Dominicano
08-09-2004, 09:39 AM
the bumpstop will only give you more travel on your shocks, so that does not cause bounciness. do you have the AGX? if you do put them are 2 or 3 up front and the rear. i had mine at 2 up front but it was alittle to bouncy so i made it 3 and its to my liking.

ECDPinoy
08-09-2004, 10:03 AM
...meaning its okay to leave it un-trimmed?....
...i had it before as 2 and 3 then i set 3 and 3...i like it but i still bit bouncy but its okay...

peanotation
08-09-2004, 11:33 AM
the further you drop the more bouncy it is

ECDPinoy
08-09-2004, 01:03 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>the further you drop the more bouncy it is</div>

...i have a PROGRESS springs, is it safe to confirm now that all those who dropped their ride using this brand of springs will have a bouncy ride?... :?:

vic_v_jr
08-09-2004, 01:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ECDPinoy)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>the further you drop the more bouncy it is</div>

...i have a PROGRESS springs, is it safe to confirm now that all those who dropped their ride using this brand of springs will have a bouncy ride?... :?:</div>

I think it is safe to say..no matter what spring/strut setup you have it will be bouncier than stock. Case closed!!

ECDPinoy
08-09-2004, 01:34 PM
..that's all...thanks guys! 8)

Messiah
08-09-2004, 02:11 PM
Actually, if you're still riding on stock rims and tires....that's where your bounciness is coming from. THere's a lot of sidewall between the rim and the road, so the rubber will flex more because your suspension is stiffer now. So when you go to larger rims with lowpros, the bouncineww will go away.

ECDPinoy
08-09-2004, 03:07 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Messiah)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually, if you're still riding on stock rims and tires....that's where your bounciness is coming from. Â*THere's a lot of sidewall between the rim and the road, so the rubber will flex more because your suspension is stiffer now. Â*So when you go to larger rims with lowpros, the bouncineww will go away.</div>

...i guess you're right...cause am still riding on the stock rims and rubber...havent decided yet on the rims...well, hope everything works out when i got my new shoes....

RedGalant2k1
08-09-2004, 08:33 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Messiah)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually, if you're still riding on stock rims and tires....that's where your bounciness is coming from. Â*THere's a lot of sidewall between the rim and the road, so the rubber will flex more because your suspension is stiffer now. Â*So when you go to larger rims with lowpros, the bouncineww will go away.</div>

Lowpros will just ride harder, not softer.

ECD,

The spring rate on your lowering springs is stiffer than stock, thats where your 'bouciness' is coming from.

peanotation
08-09-2004, 09:23 PM
you shouldn't be lowered on stock tires/wheels. i mean, you can do it and drive fine, but for performance, that's a little risky cause stock tires have so much sidewall height it's disgusting.

Messiah
08-10-2004, 03:34 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Messiah)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually, if you're still riding on stock rims and tires....that's where your bounciness is coming from. Â*THere's a lot of sidewall between the rim and the road, so the rubber will flex more because your suspension is stiffer now. Â*So when you go to larger rims with lowpros, the bouncineww will go away.</div>

ECD,

The spring rate on your lowering springs is stiffer than stock, thats where your 'bouciness' is coming from.</div>

Where did I say "softer"? I didn't, Did I? My car doesn't "bounce", it reacts to the road conditions more accurately. It did "bounce" when I was on stock rims and tires, but no more....

ECDPinoy
08-10-2004, 10:27 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(RedGalant2k1)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Messiah)</div><div class='quotemain'>Actually, if you're still riding on stock rims and tires....that's where your bounciness is coming from. Â*THere's a lot of sidewall between the rim and the road, so the rubber will flex more because your suspension is stiffer now. Â*So when you go to larger rims with lowpros, the bouncineww will go away.</div>

ECD,

The spring rate on your lowering springs is stiffer than stock, thats where your 'bouciness' is coming from.</div>

...thanks for the info, anyway am aware of the spring rate, its just that am trying to compare it with my other setup H&R Springs and Koni Adjustables on 215/45/17, they're not that bouncy compared to KYB and PROGRESS...i was like thinking maybe its the brand, but i guess i have to wait til i replaced my stock tires with lowpros....

...ill post an update if anything changes...