PDA

View Full Version : 92 gsx??

ZigenScarface
08-09-2004, 04:46 PM
92 DSM Eclipse GSX turbo AWD (auto 180 stock hp)
Venom 400 CM
Venom fang cams
Venom highflow injectors(4)
Venom raised fuel rail
Venom intake manifold
Apexi exhaust system
Apexi cat converter and downpipes
Pacesetter headers
Aem CAI

so my dad just bought me the gsx and those are the mods i have for it, i havent installed them yet, estimated hp anyone?

ChikagoGTZ
08-09-2004, 04:55 PM
175 to the wheels....190 at most....

ZigenScarface
08-09-2004, 05:18 PM
but the venom 400 cm says 25% hp gain..wouldnt that be around 230 just wiht that?

BlankMan
08-09-2004, 05:29 PM
Yes *but* ChicagoGTZ was talking WHEEL HP and you're talking CRANK HP. Even with only a 15% loss across a manual tranny, 230CHP will only yield 195 WHP. And given that advertising is usually grossly over-stated, your still at 190 max to the wheels...

J

ZigenScarface
08-09-2004, 06:08 PM
hmm, ok thanks for the info , any other ideas on how to get some more hp out of it without spending too much?

BlankMan
08-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Not "wothout spending too much" :wink:

Sound advice would be to first install what you have. After that, run a dyno and see where you are...

J

ZigenScarface
08-09-2004, 08:42 PM
ok , i godda buy a cheap sterio head unit to throw into it first and a sheet of carbon fiber to cover up the spot where the sterio should go and the tape holder under it( car came with that ripped out), but after i get the CF ill have a mounting spot for the Venom 400 CM switch. what you think about upgrading to a 16G turbo? then i supose id need a FMI right?

dsmracer
08-10-2004, 06:35 AM
Venom raised fuel rail - This really isn't necessary unless you're looking for bling. The stock rail is capable of flowing enough to support 600 HP. Just upgrade the lines.

Pacesetter headers - These I've heard nothing but bad things about. They apparently crack over time at the flange.

Now, with all your fuel upgrades, you're gonna need a way to control it. You should invest in an AFC otherwise you're gonna run very rich.

ZigenScarface
08-10-2004, 11:50 AM
so sell the fuel rail u think?

dsmracer
08-10-2004, 01:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZigenScarface)</div><div class='quotemain'>so sell the fuel rail u think?</div>

I'd say so, unless you really like how it looks and want that sort of bling in your engine bay.

Jet Black
08-27-2004, 01:45 PM
Im suprised no one has suggested a boost controller (cheap way for good gains).

Hey DSMRACER, I noticed your in SoCal, why dont you meet up with the TGC crowd this upcoming meet (Sept 30)? Check out the West Coast forums for more info (we already have about a dozen Gs coming out/the more the better).

the_kage
08-27-2004, 02:20 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(ZigenScarface)</div><div class='quotemain'>92 DSM Eclipse GSX turbo AWD (auto 180 stock hp)
Apexi cat converter and downpipes
Pacesetter headers
</div>

So you are turbo, it's a gsx. Why do you have a header?
Sell it and buy a boost controler. Next consider a FMIC. Make sure you have 3 inch with the Apexi...
Crush your BOV too.. it will sound bad ass https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif
And an Safc is going to be a definate must.. unless you have some other sort of piggy back like an e-manage or invest some serious bucks and go standalone.
Get a wideband O2 sensor.. and a dsm link. You will need it for tunning with all of the stuff you are throwing on your fuel system and intake.
Should do you good.

the_kage
08-27-2004, 02:22 PM
after that stuff... then you can think about.. Larger turbo for more boost. Maybe spraying to help with boost...
Also you are loosing a lot of power from the crank to the wheels.. think about getting more power to the wheels... Suspension!

dsmracer
09-01-2004, 01:17 PM
I'll see about making the meet. Pacesetter makes a tubular manifold, that's what he means. It's just not a very good one.