PDA

View Full Version : show cars

datdude305
08-10-2004, 09:24 PM
can the best of the best galants help me out basicly if u hav enetered a show ( real show not a presented by ur local high skool ) give me a list of ur mods i would really be thank ful looking 4 next mod to go in the G

i already hav my custom interior , my two 15s and alot of the the free mods (clear corners, trunk flip mod, painted interior trim ) ohh and some rice neon inside that the shows sometimes lik.

quicksilver22
08-10-2004, 10:23 PM
take a look around,

Cali
2k2mitsu

check them out, they've entered, there are others as well, they'll pop up here soon though

but to be show worthy, damn..... you gotta have some great stuff to even be considered..

peanotation
08-11-2004, 12:55 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'>but to be show worthy, damn..... Â* Â*you gotta have some great stuff to even be considered..</div>

i wish i could agree with that, but any of you SoCal members remember Hot Import Nights? Stock integra with CF hood and racing seats and wheels. S2000 with 20s and CF wing. Mercedes Benz E430 with just 20s and Toyo tires. that's just an example of all the shitty cars that were at HIN that really pissed me off. My suspension has more work put into it than that POS integra.

quicksilver22
08-11-2004, 11:23 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'>but to be show worthy, damn..... Â* Â*you gotta have some great stuff to even be considered..</div>

i wish i could agree with that, but any of you SoCal members remember Hot Import Nights? Stock integra with CF hood and racing seats and wheels. S2000 with 20s and CF wing. Mercedes Benz E430 with just 20s and Toyo tires. that's just an example of all the shitty cars that were at HIN that really pissed me off. My suspension has more work put into it than that POS integra.</div>

tru true. lol, but i meant "considered" to place..... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

peanotation
08-11-2004, 11:45 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(quicksilver22)</div><div class='quotemain'>but to be show worthy, damn..... Â* Â*you gotta have some great stuff to even be considered..</div>

i wish i could agree with that, but any of you SoCal members remember Hot Import Nights? Stock integra with CF hood and racing seats and wheels. S2000 with 20s and CF wing. Mercedes Benz E430 with just 20s and Toyo tires. that's just an example of all the shitty cars that were at HIN that really pissed me off. My suspension has more work put into it than that POS integra.</div>

tru true. lol, but i meant "considered" to place..... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

if an Integra with wheels and racing seats and a CF hood (under $2000 of work) can be at the entrance to Hot Import Nights, you don't have that much work in front of you.

datdude305
08-11-2004, 02:01 PM
well good points but i still want to do something other than kit, rims, drop, and paint well maybe if i can get that and find a nice old car 2 fix up the galant will stay a daily driver depending how soon the old car comes mayb weekend warrior . well the is a nice 69 deville with the soft top whitevinyl that they havnt put on say I see it every2 weeks (still working the summers with my dad landscaping comp) havnt ofered 2 buy cuz i want the G 2 look nice but once i am happy with that the caddy is mine !all it really needs is some welding some chromeing some paint and a set of cruzin pumps i am not making it dance 4 no one shows only exclusive shit besides i dont wanna mov out i can wait till my parents die and keep the house ! j/k but seriously i do belive i will end up in a trailer with bout 5 cars 1)import 2)pumps 3) a benz or lexus with a nice set of rims (the daily driver) 4)the suv wit more sub than best buy 5)the old skool muscle car 6)the V8 racing beast grrrrrr :twisted: probly my gradpas 93 mustang or 96 firebird i luv mid life picks ohh and when my dad sells the comp in 2009 the 1998 f 150 air ride fiberglass molding on 20s damn that at least 200 thousand worth of work if u do it right not 2 mention the cost of the cars so i am starting early 16 yrs old hoping the G is show ready (in my eyes buy 19 btw not the first in the fam to be a car fan my moms uncles 1 worked 4 nascar the other had a funny car that ran 8.2s both had novas 4rm the late 60s or early 70s so i hav my conections on where how and wit who 2 do most of the big jobs but this are my project and i want them done seriously u say its unrealistic i say this could tak a while but i just hav ran out of things i can do 4 under 200 bucks 2 the G help me when i get a real job i will catch up 2 all the other show car here at tcg i am just waiting

Ken_
08-11-2004, 05:40 PM
In most shows, it's not always what mods you have completed...it's usually about how clean the car is as a whole. Attention to detail is a must.

Cheap or free mods are always good but keep in mind using the best products for the upgrades is ultra important. Fleckstone painted dash won't get you huge points. A color matched dash painted with real automotive paint will always gather more points. Keep it clean, keep it tight and make it differant.

Most judges will look at 40 or 50 cars at a single show. Make yours stand out.

I've entered dozens of shows and delt with tons of judges. Don't be afraid to ask them what they would like to see as an improvment. Most judges will give you a few tips.

Be sure to be with the car during judging. Point out the things that make your car differant.

TWISTED II
08-11-2004, 06:23 PM
yeah, the thing with stock looking cars winning, is becasue its the stock cars that look the cleanest, haha. i took first place at a show and all i had was air ride, rims, and a system. but when i went to Indy, with nitrous, graphics, ya know, my purple graphics stage, i didn't even place. cuz once you get all crazy into paint and body work ect ect, you get cracked bondo on shaved area, paint runs, horrible looking kits, mis matched paint, hundreds of stickers ect ect. so stock looking cars win cuz they are clean. if you can accomplish the clean and mint look of stock, with the aftermarket work, you set.

datdude305
08-14-2004, 06:36 PM
i see so in other word make it look lik big car company updated the car
lik i dont kno the neon compared 2 a neon srt 4 same car just dodge made it better! but still i dont think its ready i at least neady rims and a body kit

HaHaIwin
08-16-2004, 06:05 AM
yeah, the thing with stock looking cars winning, is becasue its the stock cars that look the cleanest, haha. i took first place at a show and all i had was air ride, rims, and a system. but when i went to Indy, with nitrous, graphics, ya know, my purple graphics stage, i didn't even place. cuz once you get all crazy into paint and body work ect ect, you get cracked bondo on shaved area, paint runs, horrible looking kits, mis matched paint, hundreds of stickers ect ect. so stock looking cars win cuz they are clean. if you can accomplish the clean and mint look of stock, with the aftermarket work, you set.

that was just stupid....stock cars don't win big shows (HIN)...not sure what shows you go to....and if you get your work done right you don't get cracks, mismatched paint, etc....you have to be different, like someone said you need to stick out from everyone else

TWISTED II
08-16-2004, 12:57 PM
ok, first of all Mr 6 posts, you better watch who you come onto these boards callin stupid. secondly, if you would get your head out of your ass and learn how to read, you would see that i said "if you can accomplish the clean and mint look OF stock, with the aftermarket work, your set." i'm not saying modified cars DON'T win. i'm saying that if you are going to attack your car with 50 lbs of bondo to relocate and shave everything and its not done right.......just because you have it, doesn't mean your gonna win. i said that cars with hundreds of stickers, CRACKED bondo, and MISMATCHED paint don't win, so sometimes its not the person with the most, but the person with the cleanest, and that car may be more stock than the shitty but modified one. so next time, you need to read....then think......then post. oh yeah, and i think he was talkin to "the best of the best" so maybe you should go back into the "Got Jokes" threads until someone needs the help of a 6 poster.

HaHaIwin
08-16-2004, 04:45 PM
awww did i hit a soft spot on ya??? hey, do you even own a galant anymore????? and the best of the best huh??? https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif ya ok.........you always think you know so much....i know we have been thru this before....
this is Leicoolya by the way https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif
i went to the last HIN in chicago, and every car that won had a TON of mods.....None of them looked stock...NONE!!!!!
so not sure what shows you go to, but now adays you have to stick out to win....can't win with air ride, rims and a system at a big show :!:

TWISTED II
08-16-2004, 05:51 PM
yeah, no other galant owner is chicago could be so dumb, so i expected that much. ok, the cars that won.....weren't stock, of course....but, they were clean right? no big bondo cracks, paint matched....right? you need to listen. oh, and you need to stand out huh? ok.....erebuni kit....silver.....same ole wing. your car looked like mine, and every other silver G with a kit, so everyone take lessons from this guy about "sticking out." and uh, wheres your trophy?

datdude305
08-16-2004, 06:13 PM
i know not to have a totaly stock car not even i am that dumb but honestly I have seen some shity ass jobs i was agreeing with him on that lik i said earlier its meant to be clean but not stock lik if the factory were 2 go with tunners thoughts 4 once cuz honstly if i could pay 2 hav the factory do a 1 of a kind job on a car i would buy it how i wanted and not change a thing but not 4 warrenty but because the car is how i want it stands out not like 1 of the 1992 accords rolling around wit a ugly green kit and black body its not working honestly :!: if from factory i could get a galant with 19s ride on 4 valve airbags nice leather interior with i dont know gucci headrest visors and door panels some tvs a ps2 or xbox a 4g63t or maybe even the vr4 tt with a manual tranny crome headers dual pipes and a jdm kit lik on the legunums a nice system not all chopy on the low note and all the little extras like carbon fiber interior trim sun roof carbon fiber evo hood bunch of little things that would make u want that on ur car ie : rear sunvisor i wouldnt need 2 plus it would b cleaner than any other car u fixed up at the tunner shop down the street

ps plz dont fight of the word stupid cuz if u really get carryied away both of u r stupid

HaHaIwin
08-16-2004, 07:36 PM
OMG have you seen my car lately???
http://memimage.cardomain.com/member_images/8/web/404000-404999/404874_48_full.jpg
Sure doesn't look like a silver kitted galant..... Silly HATER!!!

datdude305
08-16-2004, 08:55 PM
ok agin stop fighting damn u ppl r getting carriered away basicly if this arguing continues i will ask a admin 2 lock the post

i am thankful 4 all the help yes i hav seen pics of the baby blue painted galant. didnt u paint over the cf hood :?:
yuh it would b smart 4 a sleeper if it was oem but hey w/e floats ur boat

TWISTED II
08-16-2004, 08:59 PM
:roll: shoulda left is silver. and what did you do to your top grill area? yikes. your car still is nothing special to me....but thats fine, you were at HIN, so that makes you WAAYYY cooler than i am, so you win. any pics of your trophy from HIN? :roll:

HaHaIwin
08-16-2004, 09:27 PM
wow talk about hating...your just mad casue i always did something that you could never do...Turbo the 6g72.....you need to grow up bro...so why are you still on this board, i mean you did sale the car, right???
or is it casue you think you know it all when really you don't know a thing...only from what the guys at the shop tell you...ha ha...poor guy :cry:
ya your right your silver kitted, cf hood, plus Ugly purple vinyl graphics was WAY cool :roll: Need some more RICE for that thing..oh wait you got the aluminum wing your set https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

whoever said anything about a sleeper???
i sure as hell wasn't going for that look https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

TWISTED II
08-16-2004, 09:39 PM
i don't know where you got the idea that "you did something i could never do, and thats why i'm mad" from. putting a turbo on a car is nothing special, i see it day in and day out. why do you think your such hot shit cuz you can bolt on a turbo kit? i don't understand it. i am friends with other galant owners that have forced induction, so that makes no sense at all considering i wasn't even sure i was going to turbo or SC. and i haven't had graphics on the car since 2002 man, almost 3 years ago, you need to get over that. and i'm still on these boards cuz i know a hell of a lot more than a lot of people. if people who have never had galants can be here, i sure as hell can be too. you need to find better selling points son, you look silly doing this.

HaHaIwin
08-16-2004, 10:16 PM
well then maybe you should get some newer pics of your old car???
i'm done wasting my time on you

vic_v_jr
08-16-2004, 10:17 PM
**Vic grabs a bag or microwave popcorn, sits back and enjoys the show** https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

datdude305...I'm no show expert at all but I've been in 2 shows total and I just nailed 3rd place at a decent size Slap show in MD. I was in the 4 door import class and there was some pretty nice rides there. If you hit my www link below you'll see what mods I have bro.

TITAN
08-16-2004, 11:53 PM
goddamn you guys are a bunch of cocks. even you too liecoolya. i was on your side while twisted was dissin you for no reason, but you just kept going. you shoulda just rose above it. you are both "veterans" as you are both claiming, so take this shit to the PMs like you would be telling any other n00b. unbelievable. thank you for wasting my time. and no, im not going to reply to anymore of your bullshit. even the original poster is fed up withyour little bitch fight.

TWISTED II
08-17-2004, 12:43 AM
if you don't wanna read it titan, look up and to the right.....theres a fucking X, click it. i said i was done, but no, Mr. HIN needs to keep it goin. i gave my opinion on the actual topic. it was him who needed to go talkin shit. and this wasn't an old beef, cuz originally, i didn't know it was him. so, you can thank Mr. HIN for the drama war. i was just defending myseld and clarifying all the false statements.

IceDouTGaLanT
08-17-2004, 01:07 AM
daym people on TGC fight over BS a lot, who cares who said what, just drop it. And twisted im not coming at you just for reference just answer his question without arguing, daym that's the fucking purpose of a CLUB FORUM, your supposed to be a club not an fuckin debate team

o1naturalhigh
08-17-2004, 01:31 AM
let's pass the piece pipe around.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(datdude305)</div><div class='quotemain'>can the best of the best galants help me out basicly if u hav enetered a show ( real show not a presented by ur local high skool ) give me a list of ur mods Â*i would really be thank ful looking 4 next mod to go in the G

i already hav my custom interior , my two 15s and alot of the the free mods (clear corners, trunk flip mod, painted interior trim ) ohh and some rice neon inside that the shows sometimes lik.</div>

Cali
08-17-2004, 02:13 AM
if you want to win a show you need to have a COMPLETE package (exterior, engine, interior, etc.) ORIGINALITY IS KEY.

so far, i've only managed 2nd place at D1 but hopefully i'll get that 1st one day when i finish EVERYTHING.

o1naturalhigh
08-17-2004, 02:22 AM
hey cali...what area of san diego u live in? it's just that i never see 8g's here fixed up with kits and stuff. just wondering. i live in paradise hills, right next to national city.