PDA

View Full Version : cars with short ram intake

Dominicano
08-11-2004, 09:10 AM
So i took my Injen short ram intake out of my car and put the stock box in so they can do some work on my car at the dealership and also to see if i save any money on gas.

before when I had the injen in my car would idle widly and also below 750 rpms when I turn the wheel it would shift the rpm a little and turn on the air always had the same effect. basicaly the needle moved alot. When i put my stock airbox in, man it stayed stuck on 750 when i am idle the way it should be.

So my question is for people who have the a shortram intake does your idle act like mine did or do I not have the correct intake in my car.

DryBear
08-11-2004, 10:25 AM
No problems with idle here - only thing is when the engine is cold idle is about 1000+, but drops down to ~750 when warmed up.

pinoyesv6
08-11-2004, 11:15 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dominicano)</div><div class='quotemain'>before when I had the injen in my car would idle widly and also below 750 rpms when I turn the wheel it would shift the rpm a little and turn on the air always had the same effect. Â*basicaly the needle moved alot. Â*When i put my stock airbox in, man it stayed stuck on 750 when i am idle the way it should be.</div>

mine does that. only when the car is still cold (you know when the intake is still loud)