PDA

View Full Version : EBAY "Performance MODS add 20 HP"

Donovan
08-12-2004, 08:45 PM
Are these damn things safe?

cardude03
08-12-2004, 08:57 PM
haha, interesting that you mention it, everyone here will tell you no, and fishboy even did his own test. but its interesting, cuz i was at my moms work the other day, and one of the workers came in, and we started talkin about my car, and he said i should get one of those ebay mod chips, and then i told him they dont really work, and he said they do, and he has one, and he swears it works, and its interesting cuz its him who actually sells them on ebay. he told me all it is is a little resistor that he buys dirt cheap, and sells for 5.95. he put one on his workvan, and he said he can actually feel the difference, now maybe it worked for him, cuz its a GM, and maybe he doenst have a stupid smart ECU like us. he said all u do is plug it into the air flow sensor, and it tells the ecu that its getting air thats colder than it really is. he kept telling me it really works, but i still have my doubts. i still dont understand how that even makes sense, but whatever, he offered to just give me one, but i didnt take it for two reasons. 1) he couldnt even find where it plugged into on my car when he looked under the hood, he said its a plug with two wires, but he couldnt find it and 2) everyone on this site says that if anything, it could mess up the ECU

pinoyesv6
08-12-2004, 08:57 PM
to you, this "peformance chip" module isn't worth your time. isn't even worth a dollar...

but to the seller, its worth gold. by selling these modules and ripping people off, they can save up to get real mods that will add 20hp to his car.

run a search, you'll find hundreds of topics on this