PDA

View Full Version : What engine has the most house power gain for the 2000

Marky
08-15-2004, 01:32 PM
Ok fellow galant members I will like to know what is the best performing engine and trani with the most horse power gain that will fit in our/my 2000 i4.

I am looking for something very fast stock that I can build of off if I can get something anywhere up to 300hp that would be great if I there is something out there that is tiptronic that will rock I dont want stick shift SDS or Turbo yet.

I am not sure but can the new 2004 V6 even fit in a 2000 looks pretty big.

pinoyesv6
08-15-2004, 02:50 PM
if money's an issue. i say keep the motor you have in your car now and build that one up.

if you at things, if you do a swap, by the time you are done with the swap you've probably already spent enough money to build up that i4 you have and probably have it turboed already.

Marky
08-15-2004, 05:57 PM
Money is somewhat an issue I am just trying to find what exactly I will be doing in the near future and estimate what its going to cost.

As for adding a turbo how much horse power gain will I get from that
plus I have heard about so many mal-functioning turbos I wanted something fast that I can build of off then when I can I would have added turbo of SDS on top of that for more hp gain.

Ok what can I do to build up my motor ?? and howmuch does turbo cost roughly, plus can I build up my mortor in a slow transition or will I have to do everything at the same time.

And thanks for the help Pinoy did you get your notebook problem fixed??

pinoyesv6
08-15-2004, 07:04 PM
before even buying parts, i'd take a piece of paper and see what you want to do with your car and your motor. for example, the path you take to build up a motor for an n/a application can be different from build up a motor for forced induction. i mean high compression pistons can be good if you were staying n/a but if you were going with forced induction could mean disaster. so think about how you want to go with that.

when building up a motor i find it easier to collect all the parts you need then build up the motor. especially if you're not doing the work. if will cost you alot of time and money to tear the motor out of your car each time you get another box of parts from the UPS guy. if you think its gonna take you a while to build up your motor, you might want to get a spare one so your car can have minimum downtime. something to think about also.

and yea, my laptop is still sitting on the floor broke. im tyna get my copy of xp 2morrow but we'll see. glaant comes first.

Stylin_G
08-16-2004, 04:58 PM
Hey I was wondering what the stock hp, and what is the max hp gain that I can get out of my 4G64, because I plan on going FI and wanted to know how much that I can access...

Marky
08-19-2004, 06:26 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shsp8baller)</div><div class='quotemain'>How much of a difference will I see if I get my 4g64(SOHC) port and polished?

How much does it cost?

Or should I just get a DOHC head swap?
and how much would that cost?

Thx
Josh</div>

Can I do this to start with insted??

kifill
08-29-2004, 11:00 AM
I'm in the same boat have a stock 14 and looking to build more power out of my enginbe, b ut not sure which way to go.

I know I'm gonna get a turbo, getting funds for that now.. buit what else needs to be done... before turbo goes in... thinking of changing out exhaust and getting a more efficient exhaust system.. more likely new manifold and bigger exhaust...

Have you tried looking into these areas....

digital_ripper04
08-29-2004, 04:42 PM
Ok fellow galant members I will like to know what is the best performing engine and trani with the most horse power gain that will fit in our/my 2000 i4.

I am looking for something very fast stock that I can build of off if I can get something anywhere up to 300hp that would be great if I there is something out there that is tiptronic that will rock I dont want stick shift SDS or Turbo yet.

I am not sure but can the new 2004 V6 even fit in a 2000 looks pretty big.
little off topic but what size are your rims

Marky
08-29-2004, 10:53 PM
digital_ripper04. My rims are 17"

wanderingpinoy, thanks for the update I will have to take a look at that.

Stewi
08-30-2004, 01:02 AM
Another user on the Galantforums board has/is in the process of swapping an Evo motor into his galant.

Yeah thats me. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif And to answer your previous question. To get the SOHC head ported would run about $400-700 pending on what shop and to what extent, which may yield 10whp down the road, not worth it, spend the money where you will see bigger gains.