PDA

View Full Version : SCAMMED!! can you help

Fishboy55
09-28-2002, 07:29 AM
First use the ebay fraud claim service if you haven't already. Second, if you do anything like this in the future, use a credit card to pay. Then you have the CC company as a resource. Third, and I'm not busting your balls, but read the board. The performance "chip" on ebay was discussed and dismissed as bullshit, which would have saved you the trouble of buying it.

Chip

09-28-2002, 05:16 PM
If you bought on ebay, then you should file a claim. If it was a postal money order, try to report it lost... and hopefully they can put a stop on it before they cash it.

try using Paypal next time, or other ones that use credit card.

Lost_Galant
09-30-2002, 06:49 PM
Sorry to here it!!!!! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif
But.... That ain't shit compared to what happened to me. I wrote a long post about it on the last message board. To sum it up... I bought my 99 ESV6 w/42000mi for 9945 on E-bay. Before buying, I asked if it had ever been in a wreck and he said no. When I got it, I started noticing problems (wobbles, noises, paint overspray, etc). Turns out the mother fucker got in a shitty wreck, fixed it himself, and so it wasn't reported on carfax.com.
There are too many problems to list, but some include: crooked grill, shitty paint job, no d/s airbag, airbag modules taped on to bumper(at least they use to be taped on, one fell off last week), cut fog light wire, pitiful repair work in the engine bay, an odd rubbing sound when going over 40 mph and turning to the right, ghetto a/c lines, partially repaired overflow and wiper bottles, and so on.
I have had a lawyer for a good 4 months and he's as much a crook as the guy who sold me the car. I sent him $300 and a detailed memo of everything and he is yet to even get in contact with the guy.
My advice to you? Skip the law, find the guy's house and blow it the fuck up 8) Oh yeah, make sure he's inside(and bring marshmellows) :twisted:

Black2k1GTZ
10-01-2002, 12:18 AM
Technically its also mail fraud. Plus the fact its theft and several other charges...give the police as much information as you can and they should be able to help. But make sure you let EBAY know as well!!!! Good luck...if not post the guys address and we'll get a lynchin' party together and whoop this guys ass!!!!!!!

Marc :mg: