PDA

View Full Version : Oil Drain plug stuck!

Jet Black
08-16-2004, 08:33 PM
Alright i was going to do my oil change for the first time today. I got as far as the drain plug before I realised that something was wrong. I turned the bolt atleast a few million times and its still not coming out. It looks like its spinning in the seat. Is it this normal? Also after a few turns it feels like its loosening, then a few more turns and it feels like its tightening.

What am I supposed to do?

pinoyesv6
08-16-2004, 08:38 PM
are you sure you have the oil drain bolt?>? but yea, the bolt does come out. its supposed to come out after you turn it a few times. its not supposed to just spin like that.

hmm im thinking. you say for a lil bit it turns loose and then it gets tighter? that could be a bad sign. it could mean that maybe osme of the threads are dirty (thats an easy fix when the bolt comes out) or the threads are damaged (really bad)

does the oil drain out??

if you think its really bad, just take it to your normal place you get your oil change and leave it in the hands of the guy that does it lol.

Jet Black
08-16-2004, 08:44 PM
Ya man Im pretty sure its my drain plug, theirs a little bit of oil dripping. Is their anyway to remove this thing? I dont know why its stripped like this (this on top of my stripped brake bolts).