PDA

View Full Version : whats going on? any help is appreciated

87galant
08-16-2004, 10:54 PM
okay here's the thing, i was checking out this forum last night and i was reading this thread about taking off the two resonators on the air intake, the big square one and the one that goes over the radiator, so i thought sweet i'll try that tomorrow (today).
anyway i jumped in my car this morning, started it up just to see what it sounds like,(cause they said after you take off the resonators it sounds a bit better), so i turn the car off, take off the first resonator and go back to turn the car on to test what it sounds like with just one off, and the battery is flat, i have know idea what happened.
at first i thought maybe i knocked into one of the terminals on the battery, but they were sweet, so i try to jump start the car but that didnt work either, so after a couple of hours of thinking about it, i figured something must have got wet (cause it was spitting a bit while i was taking off the first resonator, and it was even worse when i tried jumpstarting the car). what do you guys think should i just try to jumpstart the car when it dry's up.

(by the way it took me less than 2 mins to take off the 1st resonator, and try to start the car again) thats why im so confused, how can the battery go flat in less than 2 mins

87galant
08-16-2004, 11:37 PM
sweet as, i got it going, still have no idea how it went flat so fast tho

bluedraco
08-18-2004, 05:59 AM
after i did a lot of testing with those resonators a few months back, i found that only taking off ONE of them actually causes the deep sounding noise when accelerating...from memory it was the short squarish one (not the long one that goes over the radiator)...either way, i put it back on as even though it "sounded" tougher, it wasn't actually helping with acceleration at all! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif