PDA

View Full Version : GTZ torsion bars - not working?

mike969mb
08-17-2004, 05:29 PM
Well i went to my local mitsu dealer when i was having my a/c problem fixed and i ordered the torsion bars from a gtz since i put an aftermarket spoiler on. The torsion bars finally came in today and i installed them and it does not make a difference in how my trunk closes at all! Can someone help with what to do?

ChikagoGTZ
08-17-2004, 05:37 PM
why wont it close?

mike969mb
08-17-2004, 05:44 PM
in how it closes, it does close, but its the way that closes that bothers me, it slams close cuz the weight of the added spoiler, so thats why i went to get the gtz torsion bars which are supposed to be more stiff and not allow it to slam close when the trunk falls down by itself and all.

ChikagoGTZ
08-17-2004, 05:47 PM
I dunno, sounds like a waste of money for something like that...you're not likely to break your trunk...how much was that?

pinoyesv6
08-17-2004, 06:19 PM
are you sure they are gtz torsion bars??

mike969mb
08-17-2004, 06:32 PM
they were 18 a piece, well thing is it was making lil chips into my rear bumper where the bumper meets the trunk cuz it closes so hard unless you hold it while it closes.

Can someone verify for me these part numbers mr349655 and mr349656? those are the number of the bars i got.

pinoyesv6
08-17-2004, 06:39 PM
well i got to thinking. you got an 02. and in o2 and 03, the rear spoiler was optional on the gtz. that means the "gtz" torsion bar would only be on the gtz's that were equipped with the rear spoiler.

but yea since i don't have my parts list, the easiest way to see if you got the torsion bars made for the trunks with spoilers is that the torsion bar you need has a red marking in the cneter. whereas the regular torsion bars don't

Dominicano
08-17-2004, 07:29 PM
when i got the torsion bar for my ride when i put an oem gtz wing it helped alot i mean to the point that it felt when the trunk didnt not have a wing on it. I think they might have given you the wrong one. they are exactly the same the gtz ones and the regular.

you just got lucky i still have the reciept from when i bought them back in 2002

one of the torsion bar model number is MR384979 the other part number should be be close to that number, they were out of stock on the other one so that receipt i dont have.

mike969mb
08-18-2004, 08:07 AM
that really sucks than cuz its a special order item and all so i can't return it. what a waste.

pinoyesv6
08-18-2004, 09:08 AM
that really sucks than cuz its a special order item and all so i can't return it. what a waste.

so are tehy the right torsion bars or not??

mike969mb
08-18-2004, 09:18 AM
from the number that dominicano put up and the ones i put up there are completely different, didn't know they had to be for a 2001 or lower, oh well maybe if i can find a gtz at a junk yard i'll try it but not gonna waste another 36 dollars on it. oh well, thanks for all the help.

pinoyesv6
08-18-2004, 09:21 AM
from the number that dominicano put up and the ones i put up there are completely different, didn't know they had to be for a 2001 or lower, oh well maybe if i can find a gtz at a junk yard i'll try it but not gonna waste another 36 dollars on it. oh well, thanks for all the help.

ah you can always put them up on ebay.

mike969mb
08-18-2004, 09:24 AM
well i dont see a high demand for torsionbars that dont differ from stock ones. and wouldn't want to rip people off and say they do something they dont.

Dominicano
08-18-2004, 10:14 AM
if i was you mike i take it back to the dealer and tell them they gave you the wrong one.

Radnoken
08-18-2004, 10:44 AM
if i was you mike i take it back to the dealer and tell them they gave you the wrong one.

Yeah really, i think it would be their responsiblity to get you want you want, and to fix that mistake even if its a no return special order.

Unless your the one that gave them the incorrect part numbers.

DQ
08-18-2004, 11:38 AM
I had to install the GTZ torsion bars because one the stock torsion bar snapped due to the weight of the aftermarket spoiler. After that GTZ bars were in place, it was so nice.. No more trunk slamming.

mike969mb
08-18-2004, 11:56 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(DQ)</div><div class='quotemain'>I had to install the GTZ torsion bars because one the stock torsion bar snapped due to the weight of the aftermarket spoiler. Â*After that GTZ bars were in place, it was so nice.. No more trunk slamming.</div>

so which torsion bars did you get?

mike969mb
08-18-2004, 02:59 PM
well i contacted the online mitsu dealer i normally use and see what part number is the one for a 99-01. And the reason i went to my dealership in the first place was cuz online they didn't list a torsion bar for a gtz for a 2002. Well if its the correct part i'll order it at 12 something each plus shipping. Sucks to throw some money down the drain.

mike969mb
08-19-2004, 09:15 AM
Well i talked to the online dealer and i told him the part number that was givin in this post and he says those were the options for spoilers or something and the reason i got the wrong bars in the first place was that not all gtz came with spoilers etc. So if i want it it'll be another 36 or so, shipped.