PDA

View Full Version : Levoc installation questions?

mike969mb
08-20-2004, 11:51 AM
My levoc hybrid carbon fiber/chrome shifter came today and i was wondering about installing it, i have danj's installation tutorial but i wanna know what would you guys recommend to cutting the pieces is a blade sharp enough or would you need something more like a dremel? I'm tempted to just go and installed it but i dont wanna screw it up.

pinoyesv6
08-20-2004, 12:05 PM
the plastic is pretty hard. it would take a while with the blade. a serrated knife would work better than the blade.

but yea if you have one of those heavy duty kitchen shears, you know. the ones that claim to cut through whole chickens and cut pennies in half, i bet those would even better.

just remember its better to cut a lil and have to cut some more than it is to cut too much. cuz if you cut too much, there's no cheap way of going back.

vic_v_jr
08-20-2004, 12:19 PM
I used a good pair of heavy duty wire cutters. Shit snapped right off.

pinoyesv6
08-20-2004, 12:22 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'>I used a good pair of heavy duty wire cutters. Â*Shit snapped right off.</div>

you mean you used a pair of dykes on your shifter??
http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/d228-8.jpg

hahahaha i just had to say that

vic_v_jr
08-20-2004, 12:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vic_v_jr)</div><div class='quotemain'>I used a good pair of heavy duty wire cutters. Â*Shit snapped right off.</div>

you mean you used a pair of dykes on your shifter??
http://www.mytoolstore.com/klein/d228-8.jpg

hahahaha i just had to say that</div>

Uhh..huh huh...you said Dyke...Uhh..huh huh

mike969mb
08-20-2004, 01:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>
just remember its better to cut a lil and have to cut some more than it is to cut too much. cuz if you cut too much, there's no cheap way of going back.</div>

yeah i know that rule, well i have those dykes but maybe should wait for someone i know with a dremel to give me a hand so it'll be a better smoother cut.

mike969mb
08-20-2004, 02:42 PM
i got impatient and tried to do it myself without a dremel and just a large knife ti worked for the most part except trying to trim down the stock tubing, it started to crack when i used some cutters so i'm gonna wait till tomorrow when i can get my hands on a dremel before i try. but its on there and working right this moment, just not as clean of a job as it can be.

DryBear
08-20-2004, 03:32 PM
hmm, maybe its just my brand of shift handle (razo), but I didn't have to cut down the plastic on mine and it works fine :puzzled1: