PDA

View Full Version : How to install s7 oil pressure gauge

02galant
08-21-2004, 11:38 PM
Just like it says I bought the gauge off ebay, it was new just without the orignal box. But anyway if someone could give me somewhat detailed instruction as to install it that would be great. And yes I have searched and couldnt find anything thanks o and just so you know it has the oil sending unit and three wire coming out the back (red black and green and then ofcourse the inverter wire.

ChikagoGTZ
08-22-2004, 12:30 AM
You'll have to add a new sending unit, ours is not for a gauge, just for a light....I havent installed mine yet. AC Autotechnique sells an adapter for the oil filter that lets you add 2 sending units...(temp and press) I have one too, but I dont think it fits.... ??

BlankMan
08-22-2004, 01:08 AM
You can go a couple different ways. 1 - install the s7 sending unit on a tee with the stock sending unit. 2 - get a oil filter adpater that has npt fittings for the s7 sending unit. Either way you go, of the 3 wires from the back of the gauge, green is your sending unit signal, red is key-on 12V, and black is ground.

Kinda broad - but post if you need more info.

J

02galant
08-22-2004, 08:35 AM
I dont mean to sound dumb but your saying the sending unit that comes with the gauge will not fit correct? meaning I will need to get a T to fit. And as far as the other red and black wires I can hook them up to any power and ground correct?

BlankMan
08-22-2004, 09:39 AM
The sending unit that came with the gauge will work fine. Point is, unless you want to complete remove your stock sending unit, you will need to use a "T" to mount both the stock and s7 sending unit in the stock location. OR you can get a oil filter adapter for about $50 that will let you mount the s7 unit without a T. I'll post pics later of what I mean.

Black is ground. Red is power - but make sure its key-on/ignition power, not contstant power - or else you will drain your battery.

Also - on the inverter, black is ground and red is lights-on power - meaning you want to tap a power wire that's only on when your lights are on. For example, if you're mounting near the radio, you can tap one of the accessory lights there.

J

02galant
08-23-2004, 12:09 AM
Alright thanks for all your help man. But one last question the long stud on the other side of the sending unit do i just put a end on the green wire and a nut on the stud and just tighten it down? and pics would be great thanks

BlankMan
08-23-2004, 06:45 AM
Yup - green wire will go to the longer threaded side of the sender. Best to extend the wire and add a ring connector. I didn't get a chance to snap the pics today, but will try tonight.

J

02galant
08-23-2004, 07:24 AM
Thanks man you have been a huge help. I am going to attempt to do this today but if you still get time pics would still be good so I can compare mine to yours. Thanks bro