PDA

View Full Version : Wierd noises when the car is ...........

Clutch
08-30-2004, 09:09 AM
I was washing the car the other day and after i was done drying it off I turned it on to listen to the radio while cleaning other things i hear this wierd ticking noise. now the car is only on to listen to the radio and the engine is not running and I hear this noise from under the hood anyone know what this is???????? 8)

dza
08-30-2004, 09:48 AM
if the engine isn't running... relay's tick when things cut on/off... easily heard when the engine isn't overriding the sound. total shot in the dark, but maybe your alternator was try to turn some juice or something.

those are my know-nothing guesses https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

bigbluetotoro
09-03-2004, 08:22 PM
i dont know what it is. but you're not crazy. i have it too. i heared it when i was installing my intake. and it stopped when i turned off the radio. i thought it was a ciccada. i dont knwo what it is. but it hasent cause any problems yet so.

pinoyesv6
09-03-2004, 09:07 PM
it could be your fuel pump. when you turn the key but before you start the car, the fuel pumps pressurizes the lines so that there will be fuel for the motor when you start it up.

conway
09-06-2004, 11:58 PM
Could be just thermal effects - the engine is cooling down, parts are contracting and slightly creaking, making a slight ticking noise. All cars do this.
That noise would not be at regular intervals though. Is yours?

RedGalant2k1
09-08-2004, 08:53 PM
Its coming from your throttle body and its not a big issue.

vic_v_jr
09-08-2004, 09:05 PM
Yeah i get the same sounds....I'm not stressing it since the key is on the ALT position engine electricals are on so noises can happen.