PDA

View Full Version : VC gasket?

98ACR
09-01-2004, 09:54 PM
The family G has had a pretty nasty leak from the Valve Cover ever since it was purchased. I don't like the idea of raw oil spilling down onto the hot exhaust manifold, so I wanna replace it. I looked for it in the computer at work, but we show it as being OP (Outside Purchase, which usually means "dealer only") Is this true, or is there someone who offers an aftermarket VC gasket for the Galant? I figure I'll ask around here instead of wasting time calling around at work tomorrow.

Russian7G
09-01-2004, 10:46 PM
Enjoy! ('http://www2.autopartsauthority.com/parts/autopartsauthority/wizard.jsp?year=1997&make=MI&model=GAL--003&category=A&&part=Valve+Cover+Gasket') https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

JiP
09-02-2004, 12:40 AM
just go to autozone and get gasket maker and call it a day. $1.99 a tube

bronxbombr
09-02-2004, 02:43 AM
If you dont wanna do that i can look into it for you and let you know the stock number for the gasket, it will most likely be a Felpro gasket. Let me know if ya interested.

98ACR
09-02-2004, 07:56 PM
Nope, Felpro dosen't make an application for the G (that's the brand the store carries) And I really don't wanna mess with buying something off the internet. I checked the dealership, and they want $45 for it (greedy bastards! To think I used to work for them....) And the gasket maker thing....eh, I want this to last more than 3 months....

pinoyesv6
09-02-2004, 08:03 PM
make sure the dealer has the right part number. i looked it up on delray mitsubishi's online catalog and they have it for like less than 17 bucks. and thats less than the 24 bucks i saw for it on the autozone website.

JiP
09-03-2004, 02:43 PM
Nope, Felpro dosen't make an application for the G (that's the brand the store carries) And I really don't wanna mess with buying something off the internet. I checked the dealership, and they want $45 for it (greedy bastards! To think I used to work for them....) And the gasket maker thing....eh, I want this to last more than 3 months....

Believe me, gasket maker will outlast any gasket you'll find. besides you dont even need a new gasket what should have been done in the first place was adhesive RTV placed down on the rubber gasket on both sides of it when it was installed. Most places/people don't do that, and it eventualy leaks. When you remove your valve cover bolts, it shouldnt just lift off, you should have to beat it with a rubber mallet to get it loose, and im not joking.