PDA

View Full Version : I NEED HELP QUICK!

josh_877
09-05-2004, 12:08 PM
ok, i need to find out what this piece is called, cause i need to brake it off in order to install my front springs....HELP NEEDED ASAP!

http://www.trenzhost.com/files/josh_877/GALANT%2090012.jpg

i think its called like an "endlink" or something like that, but i need the exact name, so i can go to an autoparts store and tell them, and not sound like an idiot guessing.

sho-tyme
09-05-2004, 01:03 PM
no its a stabilizer link and its only from the dealer its like 25 i just did mine try not to stip it or you are screwed and you have to cut it off witha freakn dremel (2 hours) it take and allen key in the back and like a15mm in the front dude its a bitch get get off and my car only had 40k on it well good luck

sho-tyme
09-05-2004, 01:10 PM
ok i right for the most part the name is right but you must have a older g not an8g that i thought cause it looks diifferent than mine so as far as the allen key thing goes not sure but still try not to strip the shit out of it cause its still bitch to do but good luck and its called a stabilizer link and for you car you might be able to get it at the parts store

peanotation
09-05-2004, 01:11 PM
you don't need to break it off, i took it off via the bolt, why can't you?

sho-tyme
09-05-2004, 01:20 PM
see i think you read that wrong i have an 8g, and on the front of the link there is a bolt and the back has a allen key i couldnt take mine off via the bolt it just kept spinning and it was on there so tight that it broke 1 allen key and then i stripped out the hole for it so the only other option i had was to cut the bolt with a dremel

Ositoyb
09-05-2004, 02:20 PM
you don't need to break it off, i took it off via the bolt, why can't you?
he has a 7g, and the reason he cant take the bolt off, cuz i think he kinda stripped it....i would say just cut the bolt off, and then buy a new bolt, but thats just my opinion....and as for his car, he has a 94(?) with only 33,000 original miles...and hes the 3rd or 4th owner of the G, what a lucky fag.....lol

JiP
09-05-2004, 03:03 PM
this is a 7g freakin forum stop talking about your 8g!

The endlink you need 2 wrenches if your having a hard time, one wrench goes infront of the boot, the other obviously on the nut ur removing. I believe they are both the same size.

If your having truoble getting the nut off cause its torqued down tight, breaker bar, or 1/2" drive ratchet with apropriot socket on the nut and wack the handle with a rubber mallet. (dont use 1/4" drive or you'll probably crack the gear inside the wrench)

After you get the nut off the link usualy dont just come off because of the pressure from the sway bar and spring...I find that the easiest way is to put the tire back on and lower the car, and stick ur hand under and it pulls right off.

The install I had to do the same, lower the car and stick the end link back in the holes then jack it back up to put the nuts on. When the car was already jacked up the sway bar is so much lower without the end link couldnt get them to line up, tried a jack under the sway bar but that didnt work either...lowering it made it perfect.

hope that helps

josh_877
09-05-2004, 06:34 PM
u guys dont understand, I CANT TAKE IT OFF! im using vice grips and a ratchet, just how seth told me, but the nut where the vice grips go is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY too stripped, its like a perfect circle. anyway, do u guys got any ideas on how to take out stripped nuts?

4-G-rim
09-05-2004, 07:45 PM
Josh....you may have to check out a Sears and find a special type of wrench nut designed to take out stripped heads of nut bolts. (The problem which I am understanding). Some of my friends who I work with at Toyota uses this tool when the come across the same problem you are having...but usually they get it from Snap On & Maco Tools. I believe you can get this special wrench nut from Sears because my friend said that Craftsman makes it...I dunno, thats the best advice I can give you, or get cooly with a local car shop and barrow that tool IF they have it.

sho-tyme
09-05-2004, 08:49 PM
use a freak-n dremel with a steal cutting wheel just get about 6 of them and cut the sob off

josh_877
09-05-2004, 09:08 PM
i know, but i NEED to find out what the piece is called so i can start shopping before i cut it off, i dont want to pay alot for those pieces. so once i find out how much the piece cost, i can either decide to cut it off or maybe take it too a pro that can get it out without cutting.

sho-tyme
09-05-2004, 09:32 PM
are you not reading what people type its called a stabilzer link either a left or right depending on what side you take it off of. driverside=left, pass side=right. and like i said before it may be a dealer only part

josh_877
09-05-2004, 09:37 PM
well i guess im off to the dealer on tues. thanks guys!

sho-tyme
09-05-2004, 10:22 PM
hey bro i think i told you the wrong part i think its a sway bar link well im almost positve it is hope you get this before you go buying the wrong thing and if thats not it just tell the parts guy what you talking about and im sure he would know but im pretty sure its a sway bar link

Ositoyb
09-05-2004, 11:44 PM
u guys dont understand....................do u guys got any ideas on how to take out stripped nuts?

CUT IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! its only a damn bolt, once you cut the head off, it should slide right off, then all you have to do is go to your local home depot(or any local store) and get a new damn bolt and nut, and your good to go.....why are you making it harder on yourself?........ https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

josh_877
09-05-2004, 11:50 PM
u guys dont understand....................do u guys got any ideas on how to take out stripped nuts?

CUT IT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!! its only a damn bolt, once you cut the head off, it should slide right off, then all you have to do is go to your local home depot(or any local store) and get a new damn bolt and nut, and your good to go.....why are you making it harder on yourself?........ https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

u know what? ur right, but before i cut it im gonna go buy the bolt first. thanks

Mathas
09-05-2004, 11:56 PM
u know what? ur right, but before i cut it im gonna go buy the bolt first. thanks
Wouldn't it be easier to cut the bolt off first, then take the pieces to your hardware store and find a replacement that matches exactly? Sounds a lot more precise than eyeballing and guessing.

josh_877
09-05-2004, 11:58 PM
Wouldn't it be easier to cut the bolt off first, then take the pieces to your hardware store and find a replacement that matches exactly? Sounds a lot more precise than eyeballing and guessing.

true, but i dont know if ill have an extra car just laying around.....oh wait i prolly will, GOOD IDEA! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Mathas
09-06-2004, 12:01 AM
true, but i dont know if ill have an extra car just laying around.....oh wait i prolly will, GOOD IDEA! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif
That's what friends are for... to be imposed upon!

josh_877
09-06-2004, 12:17 AM
That's what friends are for... to be imposed upon!

FRIENDS??? pffffffffff, good one.............lol j/k https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

seth98esT
09-07-2004, 11:24 AM
Hah I think his endlink is cursed! I havent had much trouble taking mine of with vice grips and a socket wrench. Its hard to get clamped down, the bolt in the middle isnt really a bolt, mine was round so I had to use vice grips instead of a wrench. Sucks balls

bronxbombr
09-07-2004, 12:33 PM
This is a funny ass thread, i would suggest getting a pair of thin birdbeak vice grips. use the ratchet and a small breaker or pipe if you have and thats it. Takes only 5 or in your case 10 minutes to pull the nut. Been there done all that and more, all i saying is keep trying before you think of cutting it and spending more money and time than its worth doing a simple thing like that.

In other word I go with what Jip said https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif :jester:

JiP
09-07-2004, 04:01 PM
Seth always has trouble with bolts..and brake bleeders. =P

seth98esT
09-07-2004, 04:33 PM
:lauging: Not anymore!

Now its just dumb AN fittings and hoses hehe https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

josh_877
09-07-2004, 08:11 PM
well, im 100% dropped.......i didnt use any of ur guys' methods, i used my own. if u want to know it, its more complicated,but ill tell u, its just too long to write it out. pics soon https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif

brandon
09-08-2004, 01:15 PM
100% dropped as in your car is on the ground? Sweet.

I'm gonna guess you bit it off with your teeth.

Ositoyb
09-08-2004, 08:19 PM
lol, u know those mexicans, lol...always trying to get the teeth around somehting, lol....j/k josh! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

josh_877
09-09-2004, 08:38 AM
wow pedro, thats actually very funny... :roll: lol j/k
anyway i mean 100% dropped as in i got eibachs on all 4.

Ositoyb
09-09-2004, 11:48 AM
OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........

josh_877
09-09-2004, 01:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

OUCH!!! and i thought you were really a man........

peanotation
09-09-2004, 02:14 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

OUCH!!! and i thought you were really a man........</div>

pwn3d

Ositoyb
09-09-2004, 04:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

man or not, at least im NOT GAY!!! lol

josh_877
09-09-2004, 04:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

man or not, at least im NOT GAY!!! lol</div>

STFU! ur a fag! dont u need to go get anal raped or something?

Ositoyb
09-09-2004, 05:47 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

STFU! ur a fag! dont u need to go get anal raped or something?</div>

listen you lil gay sh*t, dont be starting nothing on these boards, keep that gay sh*t on your other forums. And dont be making no gay offers on here u gay mutter F**ker..... :evil:

josh_877
09-09-2004, 06:02 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

listen you lil gay sh*t, dont be starting nothing on these boards, keep that gay sh*t on your other forums. And dont be making no gay offers on here u gay mutter F**ker..... :evil:</div>

did u not hear me? i said STFU fag! ur a homo and i dont know other forums u visit but i dont talk about gay sh*t. the only reason they dont kick u off is cause ur the #1 bitch of TGC.

Ositoyb
09-09-2004, 07:05 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

listen you lil gay sh*t, dont be starting nothing on these boards, keep that gay sh*t on your other forums. And dont be making no gay offers on here u gay mutter F**ker..... :evil:</div>

did u not hear me? i said STFU fag! ur a homo and i dont know other forums u visit but i dont talk about gay sh*t. the only reason they dont kick u off is cause ur the #1 bitch of TGC.</div>

bitch, BITCH!!! i know you aint talking about no bitch YOU LITTLE GAY FAG, your one to talk, asking for help and then NOT EVEN using the options people give you....dumb @$$

josh_877
09-09-2004, 07:08 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

did u not hear me? i said STFU fag! ur a homo and i dont know other forums u visit but i dont talk about gay sh*t. the only reason they dont kick u off is cause ur the #1 bitch of TGC.</div>

bitch, BITCH!!! i know you aint talking about no bitch YOU LITTLE GAY FAG, your one to talk, asking for help and then NOT EVEN using the options people give you....dumb @$$</div>

WELL WTF? im not gonna use ur gay ass advice fag. :evil:

Ositoyb
09-09-2004, 07:10 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

bitch, BITCH!!! i know you aint talking about no bitch YOU LITTLE GAY FAG, your one to talk, asking for help and then NOT EVEN using the options people give you....dumb @$$</div>

WELL WTF? im not gonna use ur gay ass advice fag. :evil:</div>
then next time dont ask for help you lil sh*t!!!!! and then bitch about people not even responding right away....

josh_877
09-09-2004, 07:12 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ositoyb)</div><div class='quotemain'>OUCH!!! and i thought you were really laughing........</div>

WELL WTF? im not gonna use ur gay ass advice fag. :evil:</div>
then next time dont ask for help you lil sh*t!!!!! and then bitch about people not even responding right away....</div>

well if u ffffcking knew what u were talkin about then maybe it would be helpful, i say u just stay out of threads that u dont have a solution too, FAG!

Ositoyb
09-09-2004, 10:15 PM
well, the way you responde to other peoples replys, im sure no one will try to help you out next time you dumbsh*t....why dont you just STFU, fag!!!!!!!!

josh_877
09-09-2004, 10:47 PM
alright thats it, im kickin u out of TGC, ADIOS FAG!

Ositoyb
09-09-2004, 10:54 PM
im stilll here, bi*ch...you try getting rid of me, and you'll get whats coming to you...you better hope i dont see you around chi-town, or else, fag.......