PDA

View Full Version : kyb agx vs gr-2

sho-tyme
09-05-2004, 01:29 PM
basically is there that much of a diff i know that the agx are adjustable but is that the only up side to them i can get the gr-2 for 204 and the agx for 339 are they worth the 134$ more is there a ride diff im using skunk2 coilovers on them does anyone know if they fit. are the gr-2 really crappy i never hear anyone talk about them on hear well if you can help that would be great thanks

qnz
09-05-2004, 05:43 PM
i read somewhere that gr2s are 15% stiffer than stock. while agx's are adjustable from stock stiffness to 45% stiffer or something like that. but i also read somewhere that, gr2s are SOFTER than agx's on the lowest setting. go figure.

ChikagoGTZ
09-05-2004, 06:01 PM
The GR-2 are great shocks, I havent heard any complaints about them...but they are stiffer than stock so expect some bumpiness. The AGXs are about the same on the softest setting are the GR-2s but are extremely stiff on the highest setting. I suggest getting the AGXs since I love them so much and the adjustability is a nice feature to have.

Ken_
09-05-2004, 08:49 PM
I have the AGX with groundcontrol coil overs and love them.

Jet Black
09-06-2004, 06:48 PM
The only reason I wouldnt get GR2 is because they might wear out almost as fast as the stock struts (with a 1.5"+ drop, like mine).

BTW While the lowest setting on the AGX maybe equivilent to the GR2s, I believe their are some other vital differances in the two (cant remeber what they are, but just do a google search for AGX vs GR2s, and youll find many threads just like this one).