PDA

View Full Version : Squishy breaks!!!! Please Help!!!!!

BlueESV6
09-29-2002, 06:01 PM
manybrews was asking if you opened any of the lines when you changed the pads. if you didn't then no air could get in the lines. if you opened the bleeder nuts then you probably did get air in the lines. what kind of pads are they? something sounds funny... definitely shouldn't be spongy...

manybrews
09-29-2002, 07:07 PM
aftermarket brake pads certainly have the capability of changing the way the pedal feels.
the only pads that will feel like the originals are the originals.

and if you didnt open any of the hydraulic lines, you cannot have any air in the system. so ill bet its nothing more than the choice of pads you have.

Big H Killa
09-30-2002, 08:28 AM
The reason i was thinkin there might be air in the lines is because after i took the caliper off I had to push the piston down because it was to far out to fit around the brake pads. But when I was compressing the piston Brake Fluid started coming out of the black rubber pad that goes around it. There's a tiny whole in that black rubber thing so if Fluid can get out then air should be able to get in. I don't remember who makes them but there supposed to be some gold series brake pads and shit if you shaw what my other pads looked like i would think these would stop alot better then those. On my driver side one of the pads was gone. It was only the bracket that holds the pad is stuck on to. But even like that my stopping power was a hell of alot better then it is now. I have to press the pedal almost all the way down to get good braking conditions. I don't wanna have to reach my foot all the way to the floor to stop. Please tell me how to fix this.

Nick VR4
09-30-2002, 08:40 AM
you have a Caliper Piston Seal Leaking
thats not good
I dont know if you can just replace the rubber seal or not
Phone your local parts store or brake shop
I'll guess you cant ???
If you have to replace the caliper replace both sides IMO
It causes less problems later

Big H Killa
09-30-2002, 11:50 AM
Ok but where the fuck do i come up with that kinda money when i barely can afford lunch for my self.

Fishboy55
09-30-2002, 12:25 PM
Lay off the lunches for awhile until you can get that caliper piston leak fixed. Better that you go hungry a bit than risk your brakes failing and getting yourself hurt. Priorities man... Try the junkyards to get new caliper assemblies.

Chip

Big H Killa
09-30-2002, 12:44 PM
I don't even get to eat lunch b/c i don't have money is what I was saying

Big H Killa
10-02-2002, 08:15 AM
Any of you guys wanna buy some kryp and help with the Big H needs caliper fund.

lol :spinner:

Big H Killa
10-03-2002, 09:37 AM
Ok all i figure out what the problem was with my brakes. There is a hose that runs from the brake booster to the intake on the 4 cyl. I'm not to sure about the V6. But either way I had replaced that hose with a new silicone hose. But the old hose has a valve the lets air out of the brake booster but not back in. That was the problem because since there wasn't a valve in the vaccum line to stop air from coming back in it didn't push the vaccum out and keep it out. Let me know if I explained that well.

TJC
10-06-2002, 02:06 PM
Ok all i figure out what the problem was with my brakes. There is a hose that runs from the brake booster to the intake on the 4 cyl. I'm not to sure about the V6. But either way I had replaced that hose with a new silicone hose. But the old hose has a valve the lets air out of the brake booster but not back in. That was the problem because since there wasn't a valve in the vaccum line to stop air from coming back in it didn't push the vaccum out and keep it out. Let me know if I explained that well.

Yeah, know what you are talking about. If you got air into the master cylinder, there are special procedures for bleeding that. After you do that, you still have to bleed all the brakes. You will also need a new bottle of brake fluid just for all this bleeding. After that you should be okay.

Nick VR4
10-07-2002, 02:59 AM
plus you need to bleed them in sequence
check your manual or if anyone knows please shout

TJC
10-13-2002, 11:26 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Nick VR4)</div><div class='quotemain'>plus you need to bleed them in sequence Â*
check your manual or if anyone knows please shout</div>

[LIST]

Big H Killa
10-14-2002, 08:28 AM
Ok but after I switched the brake booster hose back to the original the brakes started getting tight again and the feel alot better. Now if there is air in the system what type of symptoms shout I look for.

Nick VR4
10-14-2002, 10:06 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok but after I switched the brake booster hose back to the original the brakes started getting tight again and the feel alot better. Now if there is air in the system what type of symptoms shout I look for.</div>

squisy not feeling good
If air has leaked in or you think it has get it bleed
Better safe then sorry

TJC
10-20-2002, 01:24 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Big H Killa)</div><div class='quotemain'>Ok but after I switched the brake booster hose back to the original the brakes started getting tight again and the feel alot better. Now if there is air in the system what type of symptoms shout I look for.</div>

Hmmm, I would guess that the silicone hose you put on is too soft and is expanding or contracting versus the stock hose. I would still bleed as Nick has stated just to be safe.

It could be just that the air is in the line but not all the way to where the pistons are in your calipers. You don't want to find that out unexpectedly for sure. Plus you get to take this time to freshen up all your brake fluids.

Big H Killa
10-21-2002, 09:03 AM
Alrighty Thanks guys