PDA

View Full Version : Pic of my old rotors (question)

Jet Black
09-07-2004, 12:11 PM
I was wondering how far gone these looked:

http://img76.exs.cx/img76/2785/Rotors.gif

Keep in mind that those spots are not my finger prints.

Radnoken
09-07-2004, 12:17 PM
damn, yours look better than mine do right now.

edit: except the spots, i dont have those.

peanotation
09-07-2004, 12:30 PM
those hot spots look pretty bad. i've seen worse though on minivans and such. my OEM 7G rotors never got hotspots, they just warped like crazy after 2 weeks. had to get brembos, they're still 100%

Radnoken
09-07-2004, 01:01 PM
Where are the stock rotors warping at and in what way?

Prophet
09-07-2004, 07:11 PM
Actually you might also judge it by how deep the grooves are also. Rotor doesn't look that bad to me.

mrteacha
09-07-2004, 07:42 PM
they can look good as new if resurfaced but i would just invest in new ones being that they have endured excess heat (dark colorage) before long they will end up cracking on you. mine were very similar to those and the mechanic said to resurface but i didnt wana chance it being that they had the hot spots too...besides i have two "bags" in rear that are my responsibility when they're with me in the car... last thing i need is them smacking the back of the front seats cuz my brakes suck......just my $.02

Jet Black
09-07-2004, 08:37 PM
I got Brembos/Greenstuff a few weeks ago. First the first few weeks, they worked great. But recently they start acting shitty again (I know I got air in the lines). The left brake pad is producing 3x the amount of dust as the right pad. Though the right pad leaves almost NO dust.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Radnoken)</div><div class='quotemain'>Where are the stock rotors warping at and in what way?</div>

You see all those little spots on the rotors? Those spots are uneven parts of the rotor surface (they cause your car to shake when your braking). See when you heat the brakes up too hot, and let the pads rest on the rotors for too long, their is a transfer of pad material onto the rotors.

REDLANT97
10-22-2004, 03:51 PM
on my 7g, since my car was flooded i literally had to take a sledge hammer to get em off and they didnt look that bad just more rust lol. But they were warped and im worried now becasue even wit the new rotors they vibrate, but that could be because i have bad wheel berrings that i plan on ding when my compressor gets here https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif