PDA

View Full Version : cruise control problem

mighty
09-07-2004, 09:41 PM
Started today. I need someone from mitsu, or from previous experience, to please tell me what to do to fix this problem.

I am thinking resetting the ECU will fix it, but I am asking before I go mucking around.

The deal is, everytime now I turn the car on, the cruise light is on. I thought well maybe I left the cruise on, just not ON on. I push in the button, light goes off. Turn the car back on, cruise is on, so I turn it off.

The next time I said to myself, if it's on, I am going to actually push the control arm down, and see if the cruise grabs. It did, so it's actually ON on, not just the light. I unscrewed the gas cover, thinking I had it on to tight, still cruise light comes on when I restart car.

So, this is where you all come in. 16k+ miles on her, PERFECT condition, full tank of gas etc etc. 2003 galant (can't remember the type, it's the higher end type....es maybe???)

Thanks!

mighty
09-09-2004, 07:35 AM
Don't everyone rush at once. lol
It has not done it since. I remember getting shocked getting in and out of the car that day, so this must have been why it did it. All is well again.

mighty
09-12-2004, 03:39 PM
It's back, so anyone from mitsu want to touch this?

NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe
09-15-2005, 03:18 PM
OK I GOT THAT SAME PROB ! MY CRUISE CONTROL LIGHT IS ON WHEN I TURN ON THE CAR ASWELL !

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE ?

anfield
04-24-2006, 02:29 PM
mighty, NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe, have you guys found out what's wrong with the cruise control light? I got the same problem now.

4-G-rim
04-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Never had that happen to me before..but from what you are describing it sounds like maybe the switch. I would PM Manybrews on this issue..since he is a Mitsu tech. I don't see how the gas cover would have any relation to the cruise control. Usually you'll throw a "Check engine" light if the gas cap is loose because there is a lack of vaccume.

bronxbombr
04-24-2006, 03:57 PM
mighty, NoRtHeRnCaLiStYLe, have you guys found out what's wrong with the cruise control light? I got the same problem now.

ya i know what it is......its a curse https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif j/k, really seems like the switch to me too.