PDA

View Full Version : 3rd brake light mod

sytntyt
09-08-2004, 08:58 PM
ive seen it on danger danj car and some other ones to. in there 3rd brake light in the window they have like a mitsu sign or a design. do u have to buy it or is this a DIY. if in fact it is a DIY anyone know where i can get some directions on how to do this.

Darkkend
09-08-2004, 09:36 PM
it could be a do it your self, but i bought mine from BLsGalant97 for $5, He made me one about a month or two back, so just PM him he makes them in Black and Carbon Fiber.

Good seller if I had to do business again with him i'll do it in a heartbeat. Just specify which G you have and which finish, he even sends direction on how to install it.

Danger DANJ
09-09-2004, 11:36 AM
I did mine myself. I just bought a sheet of sticker vinyl and cut out the areas where I want the light to shine through. I took the 3rd brake light housing out of the car and removed the red lens, then stuck the vinyl over the red lens. I would say that the vinyl isn't really the best way to go because mine has been peeling off for over a year now on the spot where the red lens has some raised letters or code on it. I would say to get some cardboard, construction paper, or foam core and cut the design out of that. Or you could try getting a sheet of aluminum and use a dremel to cut your design out of, then place that over the red lens.

Darkkend
09-09-2004, 12:22 PM
I just checked out Danj site and saw his 3rd brake light mod, the one BLsGalant97 did for me is just the mistu symble centered, I'll take pictures when i get a chance of it maybe this week end. I did see it on some ones cardomain page it was a 7g kinda low res pic i think it was "Misobitchy" or some one like that. and the material he used was a hard flexible plastic that you place over the red lense.

sytntyt
09-09-2004, 01:59 PM
thanks for the help. i guess i better get to the drawing board and come up with something great.

96MitGalantS
09-17-2004, 02:31 PM
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...p=284202#284202 ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?p=284202#284202')

thats my idea. i have no clue if it will work.