PDA

View Full Version : Help!!!!! Running Lights went out

Oli97GalantES
08-12-2002, 12:58 PM
Yeah, I had a similar problem. All of my interior lights, dash, tail, and parking lights went out, but my headlights still worked. I thought it was my alternator going becasue of my sound system. Anyway, I checked all of my fuses and none were blown. I wiggled one of my fuses and the lights started working again. What happened was that the fuse blades had a bad connection to the plug and the fuse blades themselves started to melt. Check your fuses and their blade connections, too. 8)

altereddimension
08-12-2002, 08:31 PM
ok, can you try and explain to me which fuse blade i should be trying to wiggle around, it sounds like your problem is what i have

MitsuMan
08-13-2002, 07:39 AM
if u have you owners manual, open it and look for the fuse for the tailights take it out and then replace it, there are some extra fuses arounf the outside of the fuse box....let us know

Oli97GalantES
08-13-2002, 02:05 PM
Mitsuman is correct. When you open the fuse box in the engine, on the inside of the lid is a sticker telling which fuses are which. I believe it was the fuse labeled "TAIL". There are two prongs that clasp the fuse blades down. Mine came loose a little bit causing it to melt but not popping the fuse. So I took a screw driver(with the car OFF and NO lights in the "ON" position) and forced the clamps back together again for a better connection. Hope this makes sense. 8)

altereddimension
08-15-2002, 09:48 AM
thanks guys i can see the light again

MitsuMan
08-15-2002, 09:54 AM
glad everything worked out, was it just the fuse?