PDA

View Full Version : Radiator Hose problem.

Darkkend
09-10-2004, 04:10 PM
While looking under the hood to see where the marker light socket was on the passenger side, i've might have done something to the hoses or when i was open the stock airfilter box to check the filter. I've found out when i had to put some air into my tire and smelled something funny and look and was one of the Radiator hoses.

I've check my chiltons repiar manual and it doesn't cover the part im look at. From the radiator cap there a hose that goes to the recovery tank. Here is were my problem is, from the recovery tank were is the hose suppose to go? when I shift the battery i can see a small hose that sticks up from something(boy im no help when i dont even know what parts it is) i assume the hose from the recovery tank gets connected to that hose but if it does there is a connector messing.

another set of question how bad is it with out having that hose probably connected? And anyone know how to solve my problem (and do you have any pic to help?)

STL95LS
09-10-2004, 05:34 PM
The hose leaving the reserve tank is an overflow and just dumps out under the car. However, there should not be any overflow unless the radiator is overfull or if you car is running hot.

Darkkend
09-10-2004, 05:44 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(STL95LS)</div><div class='quotemain'>The hose leaving the reserve tank is an overflow and just dumps out under the car. However, there should not be any overflow unless the radiator is overfull or if you car is running hot.</div>

ok thanks alot i was getting worried, now that leaves just one question. so what is the other hose that isnt connect? The one just under the battery (man if i knew more i would tell you) its pointing up same type and width as the hose leaving the overflow.

pinoyesv6
09-10-2004, 08:08 PM
there is 2 hoses on the overflow tank. one hose connects to the radiator cuz thats what that tank is for. the overflow for the radiator. now if that overflow tank ever over flows, thats what that second hose is for. if the overflow tank overflows the fluid will go through that second hose and onto the ground cuz thats extra fluid that u don't need.

Livn2sk8
09-10-2004, 09:43 PM
I think you guys are misunderstanding him...I think he's saying..there is ANOTHER HOSE...under his battery tray...not connected to the overflow tank....

(maybe i'm confused)

Darkkend
09-10-2004, 09:46 PM
both right, i didnt know the overflow hose wasnt connected anywere but there is another hose under the battery tray just under the headlights on the radatior support.

rfpa1
09-10-2004, 10:29 PM
There are a few hoses under the battery tray.

1) the lines for the trans cooler going into a metal pipe or tube that forms an x.

2) by the side of the side cover there is a hose that runs from the canister by the ac condenser and should run until about the front of were the tire starts.

Darkkend
09-10-2004, 10:35 PM
I'll look for it tomorrow, and take pictures since i cant tell you from what part :oops: Thanks for the help so far.

JiP
09-12-2004, 04:05 PM
Um dont know what your actualy asking but...

The radiator overflow tank has 1 line that goes to the radiator, the other side of the cap's hose goes no where, just points down at the ground. In that same area where the overflow hose hangs there is another hose that comes up out of a black can that also doesnt connct to anywhere this is the evap vent solenoid's vent hose, that too just sits there and doesnt connect to anything.

Then near the battery tray on the header side are the lines from tranny to the tranny cooler and a/c condenser lines. those all run to the radiator area.

Darkkend
09-12-2004, 04:13 PM
Thanks for all the help, so my problem was ignorance and paranoia :oops: .