PDA

View Full Version : Need Help guys >> Car keeps shutting off

Marky
09-11-2004, 02:17 PM
Hey guys in refference to this post: https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...9988&highlight= ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=29988&highlight=')

We decided to clean his battery poles there was some stuff on there that green stuff after cleaning and putting back everything, now as soon as you start the car it keeps shutting right off.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing it please assist.

Marky
09-11-2004, 02:26 PM
Or I forgot to mention when you start the car and rev the engine the car keeps running but as long as you take your foot off the gas it shuts off.

My99GTZ
11-22-2004, 05:59 PM
was this issue ever resolved? thats what my cars doing

8G_GTZ
11-22-2004, 06:40 PM
couple things to check:

-MAS connected to the wire connection or loose?
-is the car at the proper idle(OEM spec), if not adjust the idle air controller

steve

bronxbombr
11-22-2004, 07:11 PM
Fuel Pump, Filter.

BlankMan
11-22-2004, 10:00 PM
IAC vavle. Does it stay running on it's own after it's warmed up?

J

josh_877
11-22-2004, 10:07 PM
it sounds like if the t/b plate is fully closed and not letting any air into the t/b.....but idk if thats possible.

Djayfusion99_es_v6
11-22-2004, 10:37 PM
could even be the TPS throttle positioning sensor if that goes bad the car does like a shimmy and dies happened on my nissan

My99GTZ
11-22-2004, 11:49 PM
well its nothing thats gone bad just something I'm missing in my install procedure.. up till now i've had very lil problems with the car and I put my stock intake back on today and now when I turn the car off it dies out right away.. but if I hit the gas it runs great just drops off when I take my foot off the gas.. I'm trying the often recommended leave the + off the battery overnight and see if it resets properly

BlueESV6
11-23-2004, 01:26 PM
My old galant had an idle control motor which was bad. It was very expensive to replace.

So basically, your car doesn't idle.

As far as I remember from previous posts, the idle is not adjustable but is factory set. Earlier post say not to adjust the screw on the throttle body. If the CPU reset doesn't work you may have to take to the shop.

tolowbass
11-23-2004, 02:05 PM
I CAN ALMOST GUARANTEE YOU THAT YOU NEED TO CLEAN YOUR TB. WHEN YOU DISCONNECT THE BATTERY IT RESETS YOUR COMPUTER AND IF THE TB IS DIRTY YOU WILL HAVE IDLE PROBLEMS.

11-23-2004, 02:07 PM
it sounds like if the t/b plate is fully closed and not letting any air into the t/b.....but idk if thats possible.
The throttle plate should be fully closed whenever your foot is off the gas. The IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) is what controls idle speed. That would be your first place to check.

BlankMan
11-23-2004, 04:53 PM
IAC vavle.

The IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) is what controls idle speed. That would be your first place to check.

OMG! Scootin' and I agree on somehting! Quick - someone mark down this day! LOL :wink:

J

11-23-2004, 05:29 PM
IAC vavle.

The IACV (Idle Air Control Valve) is what controls idle speed. That would be your first place to check.

OMG! Scootin' and I agree on somehting! Quick - someone mark down this day! LOL :wink:

J
Aw...you know I love you, despite our disagreements. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

GOOSEY2099
11-23-2004, 06:00 PM
you have a blown fuse in the fuse box in the hood. its a 10amp and its in a section marked yellow