PDA

View Full Version : I dont know the name of this engine part??

Stay Alert
09-11-2004, 05:55 PM
my car wont stay on so i did some digging in my engine and i found a part that had snap and broke off...........the part is at the end of the intake and then the intake snaps on this sliver thing then after that it goes in to this black metal pipe and from there it splits off into 4 smaller metal pipes (i think each pipe is for each cylinder head on the engine) which connects into the back of the engine this big all black metal piece is the part that broke off and which i need to replace i have an 8g galant es i4 if anybody knows the name off this part please let me know thanx please

seth98esT
09-11-2004, 06:06 PM
Take a picture :wink:

Stay Alert
09-11-2004, 08:02 PM
i would but i dont have a digital camera https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/sad.gif

pinoyesv6
09-11-2004, 08:18 PM
go to ebay and get a picture of tthe galant engine bay. its really hard to think of what you're saying when u describe things as big black pieces and silver things. i can say i got something big and long in my pants and you can think a buncha things too...but all im talking about is my belt.

Stay Alert
09-11-2004, 10:38 PM
i think i know the part its called the intake runner and its right by the throttle body correct

BlankMan
09-12-2004, 07:29 AM
You might be talking about the flange for the TB on the intake manifold... there's been a few of those that have craked or boke clean away on 8g's...

J

Stay Alert
09-12-2004, 03:29 PM
the part that broke is that one big black piece that connects after the throttle body not the intake but the other one. i think its called the intake manifold or the intake runners that is what everybody is telling me what it is called.

BlankMan
09-12-2004, 05:30 PM
Yes, it sounds like the intake manifold. It sounds like your TB - "the silver" thing in your first post - is separated. Hence the deduction that it may be your TB flange at the intake manifold. Pics would go a long way to help clarify. Even if you don't have a camera, find and engine pic online and use paint or something to "circle" the problem area...

J

Stay Alert
09-13-2004, 10:14 AM
cant find a picture can sombody please send me 1 in a post...........i will try 2 explain it better.........ok the for screws that connects the throttle body to the intake manifold thats where it broke off but it broke off on intake manifold side not on the throttle body and its off. and the 4 screws for the throttle body are still connected to the throttle body. how do i go about fixing this is it easy or hard because i am a do it yourselfer person. and how much does the intake manifold go for thanx everybody 4 there help oh and would welding the 2 pieces back 2together fix the problem also.

BlankMan
09-13-2004, 10:23 AM
Yup - it's exactly as I said. See this related posts:
https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewt...intake+manifold ('https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=29134&highlight=intake+manifold')

The pic in the should be what you're seeing.

Only 2 ways to fix it. (1) Buy a new/used intake manifold and replace the broke one, or (2) remove your current intake manifold and see if a shop can re-weld the seams on the TB mounting flange.

J

Stay Alert
09-13-2004, 10:54 AM
thanx blankman...........the only thing is i dont have no idea on how to take off the intake manifold is this process easy to do