PDA

View Full Version : how to take off an intake manifold and re-install it

Stay Alert
09-14-2004, 02:06 PM
my intake manifold broke off my car and i am going 2 have it welded back together but i dont know how to do it can somebody please help me and give me step by step instruction on how to remove the intake mainofold and reinstall thaks so much

BlankMan
09-14-2004, 02:12 PM
I'll try to remember to post the steps from the service manual when I get home tonight. If someone doesn't do it before then, that is...

J

Stay Alert
09-14-2004, 03:26 PM
thanx blankman is this process hard or easy

BlankMan
09-14-2004, 03:56 PM
It's not too bad, as I recall. Biggest pain is working in the tight space to get to the manifold/head bolts. It's also a little bit of a pain to get the small vacuum hoses and such off the TB...

J

Stay Alert
09-14-2004, 07:19 PM
thanx blankman please dont forget how to tell me step by step on how 2 remove it and on how 2 reistall it when u get home please dont......and do i have to remove all the oil 1st

BlankMan
09-14-2004, 07:42 PM
Here you go - I extracted and uploaded a pdf version of the removal and installation (click) ('http://myweb.cableone.net/jcopley/4g64intakemanifold.pdf'). You'll need adobe reader or the web plugin. It reads like a service manual, of course, so while it doesn't say "step 1, do this. step 2, do that", all the steps are there. Look at it and study it a bit. Hope this helps.

J