PDA

View Full Version : Any suggestions on after market Brake rotors?

Ihateminivans
09-30-2002, 05:13 AM
Does anyone have suggestions on after market front rotors and pads for a 99 GTZ. I had the Mitsu "judder" problem at 19k, they turned the rotors and put new green pads on and its been good until about 50k, I guess I got lucky for that long of a reprieve. I went to stop yesterday after the guy in front of me.... go figure... a minivan apparently figured going from 60 to 35 in 2 seconds would be great to do in front of the cop on the side of the road. My car vibrated its way to a stop which is good that it stopped but it was a terrible feeling. I now have grey hears in my goatee LOL but seriously I am not looking to break the bank but want to get a good set of aftermarket rotors and pads. Thanks in advance for any assistance you can give me.

LatinGalant
09-30-2002, 12:04 PM
I to have posted a requested for good aftermarket brakes without braking the bank but for an I4w/abs 2002 galant I feel exactly the same thing.

pinoyesv6
09-30-2002, 03:48 PM
uhm first of all, the stock pads are pretty decent. uhm the only downside to them is the dust but other than that its decent.

as for rotors, uhm, brembo has an oem replacement and some cross drilled and slotted ones. DBA has a set and so does powerstop and powerslot. do a simple search and u'll find lots of info on brakes

GTZ
10-02-2002, 12:23 AM
I have a 99 GTZ and I am using DBA rotors all around. So far n/p and good stopping power. Look around the treads I saw a member selling a set for like $300 bucks. Pretty good deal fro dba's.