PDA

View Full Version : Blown strut???

Ikudni
09-20-2004, 07:29 AM
I just replaced the struts on my 7G with KYB GR2's 3 months ago.. I noticed yesterday that my rear left is hanging an inch lower than the other side and handling seems a little off. Did I blow the strut???

8G_GTZ
09-20-2004, 12:02 PM
prolly, are there any noises? odd/bouncy ride back there?

Ikudni
09-20-2004, 01:52 PM
No noises.. but it feels a little twitchy. Damn.. at least it's a cheap replacement

RedGalant2k1
09-22-2004, 07:26 PM
Your spring may be broken. Shocks and struts don't affect ride height that greatly.

Ikudni
09-23-2004, 08:00 AM
Thanks.. I'll get the springs checked out when I take it in to look at the strut.. I've been wanting some Eibachs anywayz.

RedGalant2k1
09-23-2004, 10:19 PM
Thanks.. I'll get the springs checked out when I take it in to look at the strut.. I've been wanting some Eibachs anywayz.

At this time you may as well check out the rest of your suspension, sway bar links, springs, struts, etc etc.... make sure everything is in good condition.

Is your ride really bouncy or does the car feel 'floaty' over bumps?

Ikudni
09-24-2004, 08:58 AM
It's not bouncy, but I felt like the left right was 'off'... a little wobbly.. I just replaced the struts with KYBs in May. I lent this chick my car though a couple of weeks ago (i know.. stupid) and I suspect a curb jumped out at her cause the tire (also replaced in May) is a little scratched on the sidewall. I don't recall hittin any major potholes to hard.

But that's good advice. I had the front control arms replaced in Feb. and may as well check everything else out too.

Thanks..

Ikudni
09-27-2004, 09:04 AM
Turns out the spring was shot. I went to the local junk yard and got a spring off of a 96 G and replaced it. Next spring I'm going to get new wheels and tires and planned to redo my suspension then. Thanks for the advice though.