View Full Version : Just wondering about hoods

Cheekz185
09-21-2004, 11:31 PM
does ne1 know if ViS makes that same carbon fiber hood in a solid hood. cuz I want to paint my hood the same color as my car......would it be bad if i paint the carbon fiber?

Zero_4073
09-21-2004, 11:49 PM
Someone told me that it has to be painted w/ a flexible paint. So it won't crack when the hood flexes. Dunno if it's true, just what I heard

Prophet
09-21-2004, 11:54 PM
VIS is the only company at this time that makes a OEM style CF hood. You can paint a CF hood but you don't need flexable paint. First make sure that whatever shop you take it to knows how to work with CF. Make sure they primer the hood because if they don't then your going to get pin holes.

NYmagicstk
10-04-2004, 08:38 PM
[b]<span style='color:blue'>This is on the same topic of hoods, but isn't about cf. I want to get an evo hood, but I've seen two styles. on this page, http://www.cardomain.com/id/zerowing ('http://www.cardomain.com/id/zerowing')
if I could just get the pics I wanted on this post I'd be happy. Anyway, the first evo hood you see on that page is not the one I want, it is further down on a G with white logos all over it. Does anyone know how much I can get that style of hood for?</span>

Stylin_G
10-04-2004, 10:21 PM
it's the same hood but I think it's painted... and you can get one from ViS for $551

Insane99
10-04-2004, 11:02 PM
The hood with the logos is different than the first one. It looks like an invader style hood but i havent seen one for the G before. It is carbon fiber but the sides of it are painted. Oh and cheekz, if you are going to paint it and you just want the weight reduction why don't you get an oem fiberglass hood and save over $100.

Insane99
10-04-2004, 11:09 PM
Hey NYmagic. The hood your talking about is on erebuni.net. Click on ground effect and then on the see accesories link. Its at the bottom of the page. Its $564 for carbon and $357 for fiberglass. Its probably JDM which doesnt fit as clean as the VIS hoods.

NYmagicstk
10-05-2004, 07:05 PM
[b]<span style='color:blue'>thanx insane, I hope if I do buy the hood, it fits. I'll probably just go with the vis to be safe.</span>

TITAN
10-06-2004, 08:32 PM
hoodpins, my friend. hood pins.

that 2nd one u guys talking about is painted because he was travellin on the freeway and the hood flew up and split on the sides. so he had tham repair it and painted those edge so you cant see. those were about 2 weeks ago. i was talking to him then about it. by now, i believe he has the hood pins.