PDA

View Full Version : annoying squeeks [maybe someone has asked this b4.. sorry]

deejunx
09-30-2002, 03:43 PM
first of all, i'm sorry if this will be a double post. :roll:

but anyway, i have a 97G and everytime the car accelerates, there's always a loud annoying squeeking noise coming from the front left wheel.. the faster the car goes, the faster and louder the squeeks are.. basically it depends on the speed. and when i hit the brakes, a little more squeeks sounded, but when i brake completely, it's gone.. to add a little a bit, the noise happens most of the time, especially when it's a hot day outside.. and sometimes it's just very quiet..

i'm guessing it's coming from the front left wheel/brakes i'm not sure. when i brought it over to a mitsubishi dealer/shop.. they said it was the timing belt, and it'll cost $30 for parts, $40 for labor/hr (approx).

when the engine is on, and it's idle.. i can sometime hear occasional little squeeks coming from the engine, and i'm pretty sure they are timing belts, and the noise is different when i start to drive the car..

i'm pretty much fed up w/ this problem.. :evil: so.. if anyone knows what's wrong or have experienced w/ this.. please lemme know.. again, sorry if this is a double post.. thanks a bunch! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

-rd

asalem97
09-30-2002, 08:28 PM
I had this problem. Its definetly the belts and fix it soon cuz my snapped causing lots of problems. Any reputable mechanic should only charge about $30-40. My mechanic had just changed my belts when the problem happened and he fixed em for free. Never had a problem since. Its very possible they only need to be tightened or loosened but get it fixed cuz I know it must be annoying the shit out of you.

deejunx
10-03-2002, 04:20 PM
yes it does!.. and thanks a lot.. i should be getting it fix.. :wink:

cantbeatmy97
10-03-2002, 07:02 PM
how many mile sdo u have on yur car?

deejunx
10-19-2002, 01:52 AM
about 73K.. does that matter?