PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust powdercoat

sj420
09-22-2004, 11:26 AM
i've been looking around to get my mufflers powdercoated for an upcoming dual setup. i can get them powdercoated in black w/ a high-temp powder and the the temperature rating is at 1000F. all for about $90.

i originally wanted a graphite color powdercoat, but since custom colors aren't available for high-temp, i'm actually settling on black. and since it's black, i was wondering if i should go ahead and use high-temp ceramic caliper/engine paint to paint them instead? i know powdercoating is a smarter choice in the long run, but the ceramic paint is just so damn cost effective. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif i'd like to hear your opinions, whether the paint would hold up or not. and, will i ever have to worry about exceeding the temperature limit w/ the 1000F on a N/A car? or any car

pinoyesv6
09-22-2004, 01:54 PM
the case of your muffler is one of the coolest parts of your exhuast system. especially since its at the end. 1000 degree paint or powdercoat will be more than enough on your galant. shoot 500 degree paint would be ok for the case of your muffler.

the good thing about the powdercoat is that it is a more durable finish. and the muffler being on the underside of your car, it is exposed to the elements of the road. road debris, rain, salt, scrapes. but paint is a lil easier to touch up. just break out the can and spray lol.