PDA

View Full Version : Found a good looking 6G for sale...need your opinion

vic_v_jr
09-27-2004, 09:28 PM
Okay, I'm not the smartest one on here when it comes to 6G's but I found what I think is a good deal. I was in PA overseeing a project and down the road toward the interstate I passed a house with a nice looking 6G out front. I stopped to get a good look and it is a 92 with 81,000 miles...pretty clean inside, 5 speed and the sign says $700.00 obo needs work.

So I find out the car is not driveable because the guy and his pop changed the timing belt cause it went bad and he checked the timing like 10 times before putting it together. They put it together and one cylinder is not getting enough compression. So he left it like that and put it up for sale. Should I jump on this? If so, what options should I consider...rebuild the engine..try and fix the problem...replace the engine? The body is straight and the hood needs a litle straightening, but other than that it looks great. Any thoughts people?

werkenskunkem
10-11-2004, 03:29 PM
Go for it man! if the body is in perfect condition inside out, but the engine is not good you can always do something about the engine, upgrade it, i have a 6th gen galant too i got it cheap but the engine is gone so i put a low mileage engine imported from japan well good luck!

vic_v_jr
10-11-2004, 03:49 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(werkenskunkem)</div><div class='quotemain'>Go for it man! if the body is in perfect condition inside out, but the engine is not good you can always do something about the engine, upgrade it, i have a 6th gen galant too i got it cheap but the engine is gone so i put a low mileage engine imported from japan well good luck!</div>

How much did that engine cost you?

werkenskunkem
10-16-2004, 09:11 PM
well i got the engine for 900 canadian dollars, and i rented a foldable engine hoist and put it myself so i saved a lot, i was changing the engine inside our garage with doors open in winter time! hehehehhe coool!

marktheblake
10-17-2004, 04:40 AM
its a good deal. 81k miles is fairly low for a 12yo car.

HeadAche
10-17-2004, 06:20 AM
Hell yeah, get it bro.. I know i sure would have to.