PDA

View Full Version : Is this basically the same thing?

josh_877
09-30-2004, 11:39 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...&category=38634 ('http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7924310196&category=38634')

like the title says ^, is it the same as a basic weapon R?

4-G-rim
09-30-2004, 11:55 AM
Yes...buts its a Secret. :?

It sounds beneficial...but I really couldn't tell you. Its better than the stock airbox if anything.

peanotation
09-30-2004, 12:51 PM
but it uses AIR FUSION technology!

brandon
09-30-2004, 01:35 PM
Are they serious? Peep the pic hahaha

http://bmw325racing.50megs.com/image002.jpg

BlankMan
09-30-2004, 01:42 PM
I'm not a science or air dynamics engineer or anything but it sounds like marketing mumbo jumbo to me. First, the air is only going to flow as fast as the TB pulls it in - this isn't FI or anything. Second, having 2 different sized air paths means squat - after all, air - like water or electricity - is going to follow the path of least restistance. You're not going to get the same amount of air through a smaller tube becuase it is "flowing faster". And lastly, 2 airspeeds coming together does NOT create a vacuum. Even if it did, you don't want a vacuum, you want pressure to force additional air through the TB and in to the intake mani...

Just my .02

J

josh_877
09-30-2004, 04:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BlankMan)</div><div class='quotemain'>I'm not a science or air dynamics engineer or anything but it sounds like marketing mumbo jumbo to me. Â*First, the air is only going to flow as fast as the TB pulls it in - this isn't FI or anything. Â*Second, having 2 different sized air paths means squat - after all, air - like water or electricity - is going to follow the path of least restistance. Â*You're not going to get the same amount of air through a smaller tube becuase it is "flowing faster". Â*And lastly, 2 airspeeds coming together does NOT create a vacuum. Â*Even if it did, you don't want a vacuum, you want pressure to force additional air through the TB and in to the intake mani...

Just my .02

J</div>

yea, plus its not a cold air intake, this is just what my teacher was tellin me about today in auto class, about how he hates when ppl say they have a "cold air intake" and its just a filter or a short ram, either way its not cold, cause its all engine heat that its sucking up. so if anything, the best intake is still the one for the integra.

ZigenScarface
09-30-2004, 09:00 PM
lookin at the pic.. i think the intake makes a "wormhole/ripple in time" within the tubing.. i guess it teleports ait into ur engine at the speed of light :shock:

Hodgson316
09-30-2004, 09:17 PM
from personal experience... DON'T GET IT.... just like the pic, it sucks in fire instead of air :shock:

destroyed my whole engine :cry:

AHAHAHAHAHA

clone2020
09-30-2004, 09:29 PM
I was wondering why their isn't some kind of electric supercharger that actually works? Not those plastic pieces of crap on ebay. Isn't their some way to get enough air pushed through the intake system by using a high powered electric blower? Would it be too noisey? Would it need too much electricity? Would the electric motor be too huge? Engineers must have thought of it before but they decided to scrap it for some reason.

Is it because it's more efficient to run off the belt system or from the exahust system?

I think someone was talking about it earlier but I forgot who it was.

-MIKE.

Hodgson316
09-30-2004, 09:32 PM
There already is one. I'll look for the link that 2true posted... looks kinda cool actually, but i don't think it's worth the money. Drop the price a little and I'll be all over it

ZigenScarface
07-17-2008, 01:19 AM
this intake makes me wanna go poo poo