PDA

View Full Version : 95 galant AWD

gontlent2
10-02-2004, 12:23 AM
I heard that the AWD setup on a Eclipse would almost bolt right in under the galant with some eclipse parts for the suspension. what do you guys think becaues i'm still courious but I am going to try it with a 94 eclipse drivetrain under my 95 galant.

Hodgson316
10-02-2004, 12:34 AM
well i don't know about "bolt right up" b/c no one has ever done it, lol. If I were you I'd find a 2g, b/c the 1g shares almost nothing in common w/ the 7g (drivetrain, suspension etc.) Good luck w/ all of this though https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

4-G-rim
10-02-2004, 08:13 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gontlent2)</div><div class='quotemain'>I heard that the AWD setup on a Eclipse would almost bolt right in under the galant with some eclipse parts for the suspension. what do you guys think becaues i'm still courious but I am going to try it with a 94 eclipse drivetrain under my 95 galant.</div>

If you heard correct...then I am sure there would be several members here that would do that conversion. It is not known to be true...but its a good assumption since E5 chassis Galant suspension parts are interchangeable with 2g Eclipse suspension parts. If you do the a search you can find out what "issues" you will have to overcome to convert to AWD. The main issues would be space for the driveshaft, mounting the tranfercase, bolting/fitting of the AWD rear axle assembly, and seeing if the AWD fuel tank will fit on our Galants. Also another thing to think about is...its no point of making a AWD 7g unless you have a motor that can move the extra weight you added to have AWD (I say an extra 300+lbs) and having enough power to push power to all 4 wheels. AWD on the factory SOHC 4g64 won't win you too many races...you'll be lucky to be a 3 cylinder Geo Metro to be honest.

gontlent2
10-06-2004, 08:25 PM
I just got my 93 eagle talon turbo awd for a 150 dollars becaues his mom told him to get rid of it becaues it sits in the back yard and dosen't run. I looked at it and it looks like he used it for mostly parts. LIke the radiator is gone, alternator and all of the down pipes from the turbo to the intake are gone and the shifting linkage is broken. I also think there is something wrong with the engine I haven't started it yet but for as cheap as I got it for maybe. He said it ran before but knot very well. maybe I will keep it maybe I will tear it apart I haven't decided yet. What do you think?

brandon
10-07-2004, 07:22 AM
Since it's a '93 I'd say it won't do you much good. What's left as far as the motor goes? For $150 you can't go wrong really.

redboy
10-30-2004, 08:12 PM
yeah i beleive we have all the routes to make it AWD but just finding the right combonation of parts to match would be the pain in the nek part.

Dark Anghell
11-02-2004, 11:01 PM
why not just get the 1g DSm running, and make that car fast, and use the 7g as a daily driver while the 1g sits broken at your house...they tend to do that...a lot https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif .
I had an awd GSX, and the only advantage you get is good take off and traction in the snow. But the car was extremely slow at picking up speed on the freeway. Some of the hondas that would have no chance off the line were keeping up with me on the freeway. So I'd say, skip the AWD, the 7g in US is not made to handle that...if anything make it FF turbo w/ 4g63t out of the 1g that you allready have as long as the block is in good condition, just make sure its a 6-bolt .

GPTourer
11-09-2004, 05:41 PM
People have turned GS-T's into GSX's, but it is going to involve cutting out and rewelding the rear subframe of the donor car into the Galant. Exhaust route changes, you need the AWD gas tank and so on.

Hodgson316
11-09-2004, 10:28 PM
Am I the only one that wants a rwd galant :? best of both worlds, haha

ako
11-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Heh, believe me - its a very cool thing https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif Apart from the destruction of a few rear diffs here and there https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Oh, by the way - I know where theres a 12 second proven driveline being sold off for parts in a week or two's time :cry: Stupid fence!