PDA

View Full Version : Car vibrates when the rear windows are down

Lazarus
09-30-2002, 08:13 PM
I know it has something to do with Aerodynamics. but if you just roll the front ones down it goes away. or like Rich said just roll the back ones up.

Ed
09-30-2002, 08:26 PM
with all the windows down it makes it seem like your riding in a convertible. thats why you see the people in a convertible with the windows up and the top down....kinda like a sunroof....crazy isn't it?

Big H Killa
09-30-2002, 08:27 PM
well it has do with the aerodynamics like lazarus said. It's b/c the wind is hitting the back window and then bouncing back to the front. You can't stop it unless u roll the back windows up or roll the front down like lazarus said.

pinoyesv6
09-30-2002, 08:39 PM
i never roll down the rear windows. cuz when i leave the car, i turn around to set the alarm and i see the back windows are freakin open. then i gotta go back in the car, roll up the windows blah blah blah

Healy
10-01-2002, 06:58 AM
It happens in my car, too. I just keep them windows rolled up. It's really loud.

Its so loud it hurts the back of the head. I used ti like to keep the front windows up and the back windows down while listening to the radio.

I well have use the AC more.

Thanks for your replay.

Dan

Gilhuly
10-01-2002, 03:20 PM
Yeah, You can feel the air pressure going up and down. I find the best thing to do is open front and back windows on one side - good circular flow

manybrews
10-01-2002, 08:48 PM
its due to the low pressure area youre creating in the car.
open one of the fronts, and it should subside.