PDA

View Full Version : Which color rims

Hot Galant 02
10-05-2004, 03:54 PM
I am ready to buy rims for my car soon. I have an 8g Patriot Red Pearl. Which would look better: chrome, silver w/polished lip, or hyper black. Help me out because I am having difficulty deciding between these three color choices.

bglocc
10-05-2004, 04:12 PM
I'm a Patriot Red Pearl victim also, lol. Check out my link, I used to have chrome, I liked the way it looked with the patriot color. Silver would also look good. I'm not too sure about hyper black, but there is a 3g Eclipse here at work with Ultra Red Pearl factory paint that has hyper black wheels that looks pretty damn good. I say go with what you like.

Here's a pic
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/378000-378999/378901_11.jpg

Hot Galant 02
10-05-2004, 07:20 PM
Yea i am sort of between two categories. I want to hook up the car with a body kit and all so if I do that then I would probably go the hyperblack or silver route. But if I leave it as is, then I would probably go the chrome route to give it a classy, luxury look instead of sporty. Would chrome look good with the sproty look of the body kit and all? More people's opinions please. BTW thanks for your opinion bglocc.

8ggalant
10-05-2004, 07:42 PM
Yea i am sort of between two categories. I want to hook up the car with a body kit and all so if I do that then I would probably go the hyperblack or silver route. But if I leave it as is, then I would probably go the chrome route to give it a classy, luxury look instead of sporty. Would chrome look good with the sproty look of the body kit and all? More people's opinions please. BTW thanks for your opinion bglocc.

im not a chrome lover but i do like how some of them look...but since im more of a sporty guy..id take the hyperblack rims, and IMO the chrome + body kit usually doesnt look good (because of the style of rims)...now if u had a sporty looking rim then it would work...but thats my opinion https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

Hot Galant 02
10-06-2004, 04:02 PM
thanks 8ggalant. i totally agree that if the chrome is on with the kit it has to be a sporty style.

anymore opinions?

jusmills
10-06-2004, 04:36 PM
Chrome would look good if you can find a nice set with a lip. It does/will give the car a classy euro look. Don't get any crazy ass chromies though--like any variety of Lexani rims---I think they make your ride look like ass no matter what kinda of car or color you have...

Hyperblack or gunmetal with a polished lip look good (i've got them on my patriot red g now)--I believe rodt has some gunmental on his red g with a polished lip too.

Hot Galant 02
10-06-2004, 10:55 PM
yea well i basically made up my mind that if i get the hyper black or silver i want the polished lip. I have always liked chrome though because i feel it makes the car stand out a little for than non-chrome. i started looking more towards hyperblack and silver because of cost. by the way, does anyone know of any decent lightweight hyperblack or silver rims with a polished lip for a decent price on sale right now, new or used?