PDA

View Full Version : PLEASE help my baby

momaof2girls
10-06-2004, 10:35 PM
First I just want to say hi. Now here is my problem. Last week my 5 year old stuck a penny inside my c.d. player. So we finally got a new radio, and my boyfriend thought he knew what he was doing. Well now my dome lights, keyless entry, dashboard lights, and my keyless trunk thing don't work anymore. I was reading and seen some suggestions for what could fix that. But what is the correct way to hook up the radio. I know the wires for the speakers. But not for the other ones. I have a 2002 galant by the way. I want my baby back to normal. :cry:

Thanks a Bunch

pinoyesv6
10-06-2004, 10:38 PM
get an aftermarket wiring harness adaptor thingy. makes things so much easier. match the colors and jsut plug it into the oem plug.

Mathas
10-07-2004, 12:36 AM
get an aftermarket wiring harness adaptor thingy. makes things so much easier. match the colors and jsut plug it into the oem plug.
Unless she has the Infinity system.

momaof2girls, check your fuses. Dome light/keyless/radio memory are on the same fuse, so it's possible that your boyfriend hooked it up wrong and that fuse blew, which could explain why none of it's working now. The applicable one is in the underhood fusebox, and it's this one (on a 4cyl, at least):

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/671000-671999/671731_20_full.jpg

DryBear
10-07-2004, 12:58 AM
Speaking of which, how the heck do you get that yellow thing out that hold the two fuses - was gonna try yanking hard, but didn't want to break anything.

Mathas
10-07-2004, 01:00 AM
Speaking of which, how the heck do you get that yellow thing out that hold the two fuses - was gonna try yanking hard, but didn't want to break anything.
Grab the yellow box thing that the two 10A fuses are mounted in, and pull straight up. It will come out about .5-1", and then just pull the fuse(s) out with a pair of pliers.

pinoyesv6
10-07-2004, 07:16 AM

explain to me how would that change? in her post she said the speakers are already hooked up. all she is having issues with is the power. and the last time i checked, the wire and harness that supply power to the inifinty system, is the same wires that supply power to the non infinity system.

momaof2girls
10-07-2004, 08:20 AM
Thanks for all the great responses and especially the picture. That helped alot. I will try that yellow box because they checked the other fuses. So I will try to fix this problem myself just to show them. I don't know about an infinity system. I am kinda of a car idiot. I know how to drive and use the radio. But I will keep coming here for info. Thanks all

oh i am going buy the adapter piece this afternoon so hopefully my baby is all better by tomorrow night

Mathas
10-07-2004, 05:07 PM

explain to me how would that change? in her post she said the speakers are already hooked up. all she is having issues with is the power. and the last time i checked, the wire and harness that supply power to the inifinty system, is the same wires that supply power to the non infinity system.
She didn't say she had the speakers properly hooked up and just needed help with the power, she said "I know the wires for the speakers. But not for the other ones". Lots of people can "know" that white is front left, grey is front right, etc., and not realize that that doesn't matter if you're adding an aftermarket deck to an Infinity system.

And also, telling someone who knows little/nothing about car audio to "go buy an aftermarket wiring harness" without asking about Infinity will get them to go to a store and say "I need a wiring harness for a __ Galant". 9 times out of 10, that won't result in the MITAH that could possibly be needed.

I don't know about an infinity system
If you don't know, you probably don't have it, so Pinoy's suggestion was perfect. If you do have it, you'll have 2 small speakers on the inside of the car where the side-view mirrors are mounted, and a center channel speaker in the dashboard as well. It probably even says "Infinity" somewhere on the front of the CD player.

Chances are though, that you don't have it.

momaof2girls
10-07-2004, 10:48 PM
Thanks once again. My radio does not say infinity on the front of it. So i will try the harness. I am also changing the fuses. I will let everyone know the results tom. night.

Bye for now