PDA

View Full Version : Check out this price for a 7g Tranny

Joaltava
10-08-2004, 09:08 PM
Guys i went to a junk yard and i asked around for a manual 7g tranny and the best price i got for a tranny after i asled around was $300 dollars for everything, i found another one for $450 dollars, guys tell me what u think about these prices

StreetDreams
10-08-2004, 10:57 PM
Guys i went to a junk yard and i asked around for a manual 7g tranny and the best price i got for a tranny after i asled around was $300 dollars for everything, i found another one for $450 dollars, guys tell me what u think about these prices

$300.00 for everything? Do you mean everything you need to do the auto to manual swap including the tranny? You need to hop on that if that's the case.

peanotation
10-09-2004, 03:13 AM
that's an OK price just for the tranny. the thing is, you don't have any idea what kind of condition it's in, and those guy's certainly arn't going to tell the truth, if they even know. they might even say it's in great condition when they have no idea. 5spd tranny's are hard to get at a good price. i know you can get one from shep racing for $900, and it's race built too. just the tranny though

JiP
10-09-2004, 11:35 AM
When it comes down to it, you all know im a cheap bastard, but its well worth a measily $900 for a fully built tranny. The supporting parts for the swap are not all that expensive at all. Pedles, shifter and cables can be acquired very cheap from a junkyard. Its all about the tranny itself and the clutch,flywheel.

Hey does our 7g starter bolt onto the 2g tranny?

Blue Ice
10-09-2004, 11:35 AM
Your location will probably have something to do with it too, when shopping from jy's. The place i got mine from is called U-Wrench-It. I paid about $130 for everything to do the swap, but i pulled it myself. I'm sure i would have paid more if i went to a jy where they already pulled it. And i don't know what condition mine is in. I don't know if there are places like that in miami. Plus, while looking, you might be able to find other crap you want or need.

Joaltava
10-09-2004, 04:29 PM
yeah the guy said he wants $300 for everything, the tranny the shift nob and the pedal, now does anyone know how much will it cost to upgrade a stock manual tranny to a racing tranny like the one shep racing is selling for $900, i have seen on ebay some of those clutch upgrades and some other things for real cheap prices, but i dont know about the quality

StreetDreams
10-09-2004, 05:45 PM
but its well worth a measily $900 for a fully built tranny.

That's definetly well worth it. Do you know about how much if you provide the tranny?

8G_GTZ
10-13-2004, 09:32 PM
Your location will probably have something to do with it too, when shopping from jy's. The place i got mine from is called U-Wrench-It. I paid about $130 for everything to do the swap, but i pulled it myself. I'm sure i would have paid more if i went to a jy where they already pulled it. And i don't know what condition mine is in. I don't know if there are places like that in miami. Plus, while looking, you might be able to find other crap you want or need.

you came all the way out here for that.... man, i went there, they didn't have shit.

steve

peanotation
10-13-2004, 10:23 PM
but its well worth a measily $900 for a fully built tranny.

That's definetly well worth it. Do you know about how much if you provide the tranny?

that's a good question, i'm gonna look into that since i'll have the 5spd tranny on friday.

when swapping to a 5spd, the 3 biggest things are tranny, clutch and flywheel. everything else is chump change that can be acquired from a junk yard or eBay.

Blue Ice
10-13-2004, 11:55 PM

you came all the way out here for that.... man, i went there, they didn't have shit.

steve

man.. i got a U-Wrench-it in kansas city. Not about to go to StL for parts.

Blue Ice
10-13-2004, 11:55 PM

steve

8G_GTZ
10-14-2004, 11:33 AM

steve

that's what i thought, wasn't sure if there were multiple locations....lol

Joaltava
10-19-2004, 08:47 PM
well here in miami they have a shitload of manual 7g its just hard to find one at a good price, i have seen at some junkyards some beat up trannys and they want like $800 for the tranny. So it all depends where you are from