PDA

View Full Version : I Hate These Seats! Got Something Better?

SamirDarji
10-09-2004, 05:55 PM
From the first day I got the car, I've hated the seats. Feels like I'm driving from a lay-z-boy. And my first long trip in it and the accompanying backache tells me these got to go. What has anyone found that's bolt-on that's better? I was thinking eclipse seats from the 2nd gen. Any others?

seth98esT
10-09-2004, 10:10 PM
Newer stock Celica seats. 2/4 brackets bolt up. 1 is only about 2 inches off, but will bolt up easily if you make a small bracket. The 4th is a bit harder, I havent tried it yet, no real need.
http://img20.exs.cx/img20/3861/seats2.jpg
http://img41.exs.cx/img41/2342/seats3.jpg

O yah, Im still using the celica brackets. Just had to swap over my seat belt buckle thingy ma bobber...

SamirDarji
10-09-2004, 10:27 PM
Cool! Thank you! Any others? How much did it run you? How's the side support? I love my old 95 Altima SE seats--the sides would just hold you in perfectly. I'm not too much of a fan of the recaro-type seats because they mainly support the shoulder as opposed to the sides of the back, but I'll take anything over stock.

Mazarin
10-09-2004, 11:21 PM
I did Lancer OZ seats. I have the scars to prove it.

SamirDarji
10-10-2004, 03:20 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mazarin)</div><div class='quotemain'>I did Lancer OZ seats. I have the scars to prove it.</div>

lol. Hey, love the jdm stuff you've done to your ride. I'm planning to do some of the same when I get the chance.

SamirDarji
12-22-2004, 07:19 PM
Ok, I'm bringing this one back because I've done some research and found that Sparco and Recaro make mounts for our cars and I want to know if anyone has them and what seat they went with.

GPTourer
12-23-2004, 03:20 PM
Check out the seats from a new Lancer Ralliart. They are Evo GTA (automatic JDM model) and are quite good. Probably hella expensive though.

SamirDarji
12-23-2004, 04:07 PM
The problem I've found is that there are no way to get any of those seats to "bolt in." I do a lot of performance driving and don't want to have something go wrong in the seat department because I rigged something.

Strahan
12-23-2004, 04:36 PM
Odd as it sounds, the seats in my 96 Explorer are prolly some of the most comfortable seats I've had in a car. That and my old Daytona.