PDA

View Full Version : question about the tie rods

99blkgalant
10-12-2004, 09:24 PM
ok here is my problem i have tried to find out and ask everyones opinion about it and i get nothing

i have a 99 es v4 galant with now 69,455 miles on it was wondering with not that much miles on it is it called for the tie rods to wear down that bad i have had to replace the inner and outer tie rod on the left side of it
and i didnt even do it i bought the car with 51,550 miles on it

someone please let me know

SilverDragonGTZ
10-13-2004, 12:10 AM
if it was driven hard alot it can cause them to go faster...but i dont think its unheard of for them to go 60k...maybe not common, but it can happen....and i didnt know mitsu made a v4 for the galant....but i WISH they made an inline6 hehe https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

99blkgalant
10-14-2004, 02:19 PM
well i said v4 but it is really a 4 cyclinder

Djayfusion99_es_v6
10-18-2004, 09:29 PM
yeah had my tie rods replaced but it was covered under my warranty i had about 70,000 mi. some symptoms are uneven wear of the tires in the front. also if u can lift ur car try moving the tires if they move chances are the tie rods are bad. push and pull left and right and up and down if they move they are bad. they shouldn't move if they are good. also its kinda expensive to replace the part is like 50 bux and labor is an arm and a leg. since i had the warranty take care of it no problems if i didn't i would have made u a tutorial.

peace out
djf