PDA

View Full Version : intake

mitsgalantes01
10-01-2002, 04:13 PM
What do you all recommend for an air intake on a 2001 V6 galant? I am looking to purchase as soon as I get my money back from my dad.

Alister_McRae
10-01-2002, 04:49 PM
Its pretty much all up too you as far as intakes go, the best solution is to just flip a coin. I personally have Injen, it works and sounds great, but i have no doubt in my mind that i would be just as happy with an AEM because their both excellent products.

Reelax
10-01-2002, 05:33 PM
make sure u get a COLD AIR INTAKE whatever brand you go w/. i have had INJEN and i now have AEM. they are both very good. the reason i say go cold air (long version) is that the HP gain is about 2x versus the short ram version. if u live in a climate that is raininy or u might drive through large puddles, get a bypass valve as well... water in combustion chamber is very bad.

pinoyesv6
10-01-2002, 07:22 PM
usually i'd say go flip a coin and pick between the injen or aem. but ebay has some cold air intakes that work good and are CARB exempt. the AEM is exempt too. im starting to move away from the injen moving towards the aem just because of two reasons, i heard that the aem bypass valve hasn't worked yet on anything other than an aem, and secondly, adventon.com has the aem for 200. can't beat that, you'll find more of the short ram intakes for that price.

as for what i have, well i got an injen short ram which i will soon customize to a cold air setup. i just got to get it out of chip's car

GTZ
10-01-2002, 09:43 PM
Hey pinoyESV6

Please post when you finished with the conversion. I would like to do the same. Thanks.

pinoyesv6
10-01-2002, 10:45 PM
Hey pinoyESV6

Please post when you finished with the conversion. I would like to do the same. Thanks.

sure will, i still gotta go find the fittings though but other than that, i think i shall be str8. and o yea deeper sound maybe even quieter than the regular cai's i predict

GTZ
10-02-2002, 12:18 AM
n/p thanx