PDA

View Full Version : Two Questions one post

NinjaWarGod
10-14-2004, 09:31 PM
My car seems to change gears rapidly when i am slowing down. At one point the car revs normaly and when I slow down, it seems like it is skipping a gear because it has a real quick tug to it. Also, i just installed an amp to my speakers and there is a high pitched whislte every time i push the gas. My father saids that it maybe the alternator interfering, i have two amps hooked up with a 4gauge wireing kit, the 4gauge goes into a distrbution block and splits into two 8 gauge wires; one to an amp powering my sub and the other to the rear speakers; any answers on how to stop either of the problems. Thanx

peanotation
10-14-2004, 10:24 PM
the only solution for your tranny: get a 5spd or get rid of the car. you're dealing with the worst automatic transmission ever created by man. how long has it been happening though? it could be bad tranny fluid or a worn clutch.

ArtyG
10-14-2004, 11:23 PM
get some in-line filters for your wiring...my friend has that in his blazer as well...it sounds like a jet engine or something winding up when he accelerates.

brandon
10-15-2004, 07:59 AM
The tranny thing sounds pretty normal to me, so I wouldn't worry too much until you hear clunking or feel some real jerky shifts.

NinjaWarGod
10-15-2004, 01:39 PM
Well there isnt any noises other the sound of the rpms rising, i havent check the fluids yet so i will do that today, thanx.
The in-line filters hmmm noone has mention that yet, i will have to check into that, yeah my girlfriend thinks the noise is "fun" i am like nope not one bit.

ArtyG
10-15-2004, 06:18 PM
go to RadioShack or something they'll hook u up.

NinjaWarGod
10-15-2004, 11:10 PM
Thanx, i was about to reply and ask where i could get the filters, because i look around the net and found nothing. I guess i just dont know how to look for things. i hate the internet, so much information and none of it available to people who try to find it. :? Where would I put the filters? Would i place them just on the wire before they hook up to the speaker?

ArtyG
10-16-2004, 04:50 AM
i don't have them installed in my car, but i think that's basically what my friend did in his car. just as long as they're in-line somewhere i believe some of the distortion/interference will be taken away.

Hodgson316
10-19-2004, 01:37 AM
My friend's protege made the same sound... I was like, "When'd you get CAI???" https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

bronxbombr
10-19-2004, 01:46 AM
who did your system? Is your power, ground, rca wires all running parallel with eachother? If they are then thats your first problem.

Whenever i hook up a system i make it a must to run the power wires on one side of the car and the rca, ground, etc on the other side.
Sounds like your getting alot of electric feedback through those wires.

Try to relocate your ground wire first. Like grounding it to the nut that holds down the back seat or something. Secondly, try turning down the Gain on your amps, maybe its too high up. If that dont work then do the easiest thing and get a [size=24]<span style='color:red'>NOISE FILTER</span> from radio shack, it will help but will not eliminate the problem.

ArtyG
10-19-2004, 03:44 AM
[quote=bronxbombr]If that dont work then do the easiest thing and get a [size=24]<span style='color:red'>NOISE FILTER</span>

yeah, that's what they're called. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif thanks for clearing that up bronx.

bronxbombr
10-19-2004, 05:19 PM
[quote=bronxbombr]If that dont work then do the easiest thing and get a [size=24]<span style='color:red'>NOISE FILTER</span>

yeah, that's what they're called. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif thanks for clearing that up bronx.

No prob, how are the injectors working? Great i hope.

Russian7G
10-19-2004, 07:23 PM
Sounds like a ground loop to me. When 2 devices have more than 1 ground connection between them, they work like an antenna. First thing to try: Remove your RCA connectors from your amp(s) until you get only the center of the connector in the socket. This would break the outside (ground) link and if you had a loop, that would break it. If it doesn't work, I would try to relocate the wires.. especially RCA wires. Make sure they are not close to your ECU or ECU harness. I would put a filter only if nothing else works because filters mess up the phase of the signal.. and most of the cheap ones also mess the frequency response in your music --- something you really don't want in a high-end system. If you can not solve the problem without the filter, but you have some funds, the best thing would be to convert the RCA connection from your headunit to your amp(s) to balanced shielded twisted-pair connection. But this involves some electronic engineering - you need to replace a DAC on your headunit to DAC with balanced output and install active balanced->unbalanced convertors inside of your amp(s).

NinjaWarGod
10-19-2004, 11:55 PM
Alight so far i only moved the RCA cable of the Speaker amp to the other side of the car. That didnt work, so I will try to move the rest of the wires hopefully sometime this week. Also, I place my ground wires onto one screw that i screwed onto the bottom of my trunk. I do not understand "Remove your RCA connectors from your amp(s) until you get only the center of the connector in the socket." This was my frist time intstalling anything. So the electronic engineering is way out of my league. One day i hope i can. Thanks for all yall's help.

ArtyG
10-20-2004, 12:14 AM
No prob, how are the injectors working? Great i hope.

don't mean to thread hijack, but the injectors are working GREAT! it only took me like, 30 minutes or so to remove the old one and get these installed. thanks again bronx! https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

NinjaWarGod
10-22-2004, 05:21 PM
holla at your boy, i ran the wires on the other side of my car and the noise went away, thanx for all yalls help. I recieved my CAI today hopefully that will go well.

NinjaWarGod
10-23-2004, 03:32 PM
Yeah, well the CAI sucks i bought it from ebay and it was my first experience and it sucked. It didnt come with all the peices and i am going to have to make some cuts to another pipe that i have so that hopefully it will work, i dont think that will be to hard. I think that making the brakets is going to be the hard part. Because the brakets the CAI that was supposed to come with, didnt come. Also, the high pitched noise did come back but nowhere as loud, so can live with that. Peace :shock: :x