PDA

View Full Version : On the topic of "custom taillights" (pics)

Jeremiah
10-15-2004, 08:36 AM
hey guys, just checkin in to say that i know a few people that can do some custom tails (kinda like r34 style) for us...first off here's a pic of what they would look like (but not really since these were made for a sebring) and to give you a feel of the quality

http://www.aseclub.net/uploads/81-small6.jpg

i just pm'd one of them to see how much it would cost...depending on that it might be a one at a time deal where u have to send in your tails to get done...but i'm leaning towards finding a cheap pair (or a donor pair) that can be the "trade-in" pair...meaning that you would pay them, send them an *extra* check for x amount...then when you get the tails that are complete, you would send them your set of tails and then they would rip up your check...however if they don't recieve your tails, the check will be used to buy a new set of tails...

the one issue i see with our tails right now is the reverse light since it's in the tails too...any ideas? i think just 2 holes would look really good...3 might be excessive...obviously after these are glassed in you'd need to get the tails painted https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

input welcome...if nobody is interested maybe i'll just get set for myself and be uber-custom lol

josh_877
10-15-2004, 08:44 AM
On the topic of "custom TAILLIGHTS" (pics) https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

Jeremiah
10-15-2004, 08:53 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(josh_877)</div><div class='quotemain'>On the topic of "custom TAILLIGHTS" (pics) Â*:lol:</div>

*doh*

:oops:

*editing*

bglocc
10-15-2004, 09:48 AM
It depends on the price, and the finished product. If all you have to do is send in your tailights, and they rip up the check, then I would be interested.

BIGMONEYDAY
10-15-2004, 01:37 PM
This seems like a do-able idea. Hit them up and see how much they charging, also hit me up once you know cause I know of a couple of junkyard in my area with Galant, but the tails go fast!! Also if they could make the initial set, I might know a company that might be able to make a mold of them of mass production.(just the housing not the lenses)

Jeremiah
10-15-2004, 01:55 PM
hmm...they said they need decent pics of the front and back of the whole assembly...anybody got that?

HaHaIwin
10-17-2004, 02:58 AM
i have a extra set of tails, email me at [email protected] could snap a few pics if needed

Jeremiah
10-17-2004, 09:28 AM
i got some pics from pinoy and ebay so i think that's cool enough, she said she could do them but she has to find a place to get clear lenses (for the reverse lights)...if anybody has a design idea lmk...i was thinking something very similar to the top pic (very simple design, but custom)...i wish we could have 2 red lenses though...any ideas on integrating the reverse light?

BIGMONEYDAY
10-17-2004, 11:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jeremiah)</div><div class='quotemain'>if anybody has a design idea lmk...i was thinking something very similar to the top pic (very simple design, but custom)...i wish we could have 2 red lenses though...any ideas on integrating the reverse light?</div>

Well I think this style of R34 would look good on our car, if it could be done:
http://i15.ebayimg.com/01/i/02/a6/5f/df_1.JPG

But if not, a small oval or rectangular light in the middle of the 2 red lenses, like the R32 would do:
http://www.valley.ne.jp/~sirogane/P1010692.jpg

But personally, if they were made with just the 2 red lenses, I'd still get them and add a clear reverse lense to my bumper or trunk lid.

Jeremiah
10-17-2004, 01:42 PM
wow, those top ones look bad-ass...i'll send that pic to her, but i don't think she could do that...i think she mostly just works with circles cuz the lenses would be easier to find...

Jeremiah
10-19-2004, 11:29 PM
just an update so you guys know this isn't dead...she's looking into finding some of those long clear lenses like in the pic posted above from the r34...i'll keep this updated with out convo's...

BIGMONEYDAY
10-20-2004, 04:10 AM
just an update so you guys know this isn't dead...she's looking into finding some of those long clear lenses like in the pic posted above from the r34...i'll keep this updated with out convo's...

Just an idea, but if she used the JDM tails, wouldn't that eliminate the need to look for the long clear light? And since Prophet has these for a good price, they are readily available. I think at last check, he was selling them for about $129, but not sure.

Jeremiah
10-20-2004, 02:00 PM

Just an idea, but if she used the JDM tails, wouldn't that eliminate the need to look for the long clear light? And since Prophet has these for a good price, they are readily available. I think at last check, he was selling them for about $129, but not sure.

that's a good point, but the way she does the lights is the lenses are recessed into the tails...they're not like surface-flush or else it would just look like you painted over your tails w/ some holes in it...