PDA

View Full Version : Push Button Start question

AntimonyER
10-15-2004, 09:32 PM
I was wondering if the computer chip key will cause any problems when it comes to installing a push button starter. I searched and there were a few people doing it, and no one seemed to have a problem, but I just wanted to make sure. I will have it hooked up so the key has to be in the on position obviously. Thanks

pinoyesv6
10-15-2004, 10:00 PM
you shouldn't have any problems with the computer chip. what the push button start does is only make it so that you don't have to turn the key all the way to start it.

VA_LANCER_RACER
10-17-2004, 07:57 PM
or it can be rigged to not even need the key, so then the chip would be a problem, but then your car could get jacked easily

AntimonyER
10-17-2004, 10:57 PM
Yeah thanks, I decided to keep the key in the process, but I got it all in last night and works great.

Grenbogys
10-17-2004, 10:59 PM
Pictures?

Hot Galant 02
10-18-2004, 12:08 AM
I was thinking about doing the same thing to my car but have the button in a hidden location and then rigging it to where you have to have the key in the on position but the key won't start the car by turning it to the start position. You would be obligated to use the push button in the hidden area. I figured this would help me avoid gettiing my car jacked. But then again, if someone really wants to take my car and knows how, no alarm or key rigging is going to stop them if they're good.

Grenbogys
10-18-2004, 12:15 AM
Ha i wanna learn how to steal cars so i can park them around the corner from peoples houses and video tape them freaking out.