PDA

View Full Version : Headlights

99_galant
10-18-2004, 11:09 PM
First of all after reading the post on how to do your cleqr corners, has anyone tried it?? If so, what problems did you come across??? And are the corners bulbs the same as the headlight bulbs???

Mathas
10-18-2004, 11:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(99_galant)</div><div class='quotemain'>First of all after reading the post on how to do your cleqr corners, has anyone tried it?? If so, what problems did you come across??? And are the corners bulbs the same as the headlight bulbs???</div>
Lots of people have tried(and done) it.

I didn't run into any problems myself, but some people seem to have a bit of trouble getting the orange reflector out. I broke mine by wedging a pick behind it and pulling back until the reflector snapped, then used a very narrow set of wire cutters to shatter the pieces into shards small enough to remove from the bulb hole.

And no, the corner bulb is not the same as the "headlight" bulb. They're both mounted in the headlight assembly, but they're not the same bulb at all.

TWISTED II
10-18-2004, 11:56 PM
:wow:

krispy03
10-18-2004, 11:59 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TWISTED II)</div><div class='quotemain'>:wow:</div> https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif

midwestgalant
10-19-2004, 01:14 PM
i did a set last night and took me maybe 5 min a light

heat your oven up to about 215 deg. wait for your buzzer to go off
put in one head light for about 7 min
put on some gloves, take out light,take screw driver(flat tip)
and pry at the part where the clear meets the black, on the side where the headlight would meet the grill
once you get that part seperated a little you can pretty much pull it apart with your hands.
there is one screw holding the chrome part on the clear part.
take it out. now you can take out the reflector
if you work fast like i did you can just press the head lights back togetheri put them back in the oven for about 3 min. then pressed them again just to make sure.
it rained today also and they didnt fog up at all
DO ONE LIGHT AT A TIME

SilverDragonGTZ
10-20-2004, 12:37 AM
thats alot of work lol...just take the headlight assemblies out....find an old butter knife...bend the tip of it to a 90 degree angle with some good needle nose pliers...stick the knife in the corner bulb hole...hook the bent edge of the knife under the reflector...pop that bitch out...slide some slim wire cutters in there....snap the reflector...pour broken pieces out....done deal....

midwestgalant
10-20-2004, 08:13 AM
yeah i've seen that done like that and he scratched up all the chrome and the lense

silveresv6
10-20-2004, 03:02 PM
go with the oven method...much safer on the chrome lens

cballz 12
10-20-2004, 06:00 PM
ok i did it and screw that melting idea it took me 5 minz to get a screw driver (flat head) bed the tip put it under the orange lense Break it with one shot then use needlenose plyers to break it up even more to fit out the hole i have no scratchs or anything but if u wanna play muffin man more power 2 ya https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif