PDA

View Full Version : Injen vs AEM

Fall Out Boy
11-01-2004, 03:17 AM
it seems that everyone uses the Injen cai, is there a reason for this? from what i have heard AEM makes a better product. Is there some kind of fitment issue with the 8g galant and the AEM cai?? My next purchase is going to be a cai, i just dropped 3 bills on my new amp, capicator, and dynamat trunk kit...so im doing some resarch while i wait for my next paycheck.

TWISTED II
11-01-2004, 03:54 AM
i had the AEM, and was happy with it. i also had my battery in the trunk, so i'm not sure of any fitment problems with that. from what i know, they are the same thing.

peanotation
11-01-2004, 04:23 AM
AEM stickers make more power on civics.

pinoyesv6
11-01-2004, 06:17 AM
run a search i've written pages and pages about the differences between the aem and the injen.

as for the fitment, nowadays you shouldn't run into issues with fitment. the older injen's had some issues with rubbing on the battery posts (some not all) but since injen changed the design that problem is non existant and finding one of the old injen's is pretty hard.

Fall Out Boy
11-02-2004, 12:00 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>run a search i've written pages and pages about the differences between the aem and the injen.</div>

i did, came up with a bunch of garbage..nothing that helped. I always do a search before posting a question. Except for my very first post... if you can hook me up with a direct link, that would be greatly appreciated. :shock:

Fall Out Boy
11-02-2004, 12:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TWISTED II)</div><div class='quotemain'>i had the AEM, and was happy with it. Â*i also had my battery in the trunk, so i'm not sure of any fitment problems with that. Â*from what i know, they are the same thing.</div>

battery in the trunk?! wtf?! lol!

pinoyesv6
11-02-2004, 06:52 AM
<a href='https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=10531&highlight=aem+injen+intake' target='_blank'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(VegasMatt)</div><div class='quotemain'>We had this discussion the other night in TGC chat. Â*I believe Reelax has the Injen CAI and switched to AEM because the injen rubbed on his battery post as well. Â*Honestly, I would go with AEM. Â*If I had to do it all over again, I would.</div>

Thats the old versions........All the new versions don't rub anymore.......And the new versions have been out for a long time already.....
</div>
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>

For looks I would definitely get Injen........AEM colors are very dule......</div>

actually now the aem colors are really nice. they have polished, red, silver and blue. and to top things off, they now come with color matched fittings to go with the intake.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dilemma)</div><div class='quotemain'>The gains from each respective companies are in the same area. It just comes down to pricing and personal interests. I took Injen cause of its speciality in intake design plus i got a great deal on their RD CAI.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(HeadAche)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(dragon300le)</div><div class='quotemain'>I went with AEM because I liked their blue better the Injen one.</div>

Well, thats a really easy decision... https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/laugh.gif</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(D03GTZ)</div><div class='quotemain'>Looks is the only difference between any of these intakes. They are all the same just with a different name on them.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(COgalant)</div><div class='quotemain'>Write the names Injen and AEM on sperate pieces of small paper. Fold them up, put them in a hat and pick which ever you draw. I think thats about what im gonna have to do. Â* https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif</div></a>

<a href='https://www.thegalantcenter.org/viewtopic.php?t=12897&highlight=aem+injen+intake' target='_blank'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(NRG)</div><div class='quotemain'>Nothing to do with the battery..........All the newer versions don't rub!!!!!!!! Â*You are talking about the very first versions which is a long time ago....</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alister_McRae)</div><div class='quotemain'>I dunno, i think that gains between the AEM and injen are relatively the same. I wouldnt spend to much time on an intake, it's just minor hp. Besides, were talking about a galant here, not a sports car.</div>

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pinoyesv6)</div><div class='quotemain'>you don't ahve to worry about the injen's rubbing. unless you are buying it used. the new injen design is has been out for like a year. but if you did want to distinguish between the two. two quick ways. look at the fitting @ the throttle body. the old injen's had just a straight connector. the new ones have a 90 degree connector. if you look at the MAS adaptor. on the old injens it was a big 4.5 inch adaptor. on the new ones its a shiny billet alluminum 3 inch? connector.

as for which to choose. close your eyes and pick?

the aem on the other hand has the bypass valve. yea people have said that the bypass valve will fit on the injen but aem will only guarantee it if its on an aem. so yea if for some reason it fails on ur non aem intake aem won't honor their guarantee.

prices for the two are pretty much the same. you just have to shop around. adventon.com i think has one of the lowest prices i've seen on the cai's. the short rams are going out at around 100 dollars.

color choices, both aem and injen are available in different colors and finishes. that might help u with ur diceisions. </div></a>

Fall Out Boy
11-02-2004, 09:55 AM
lmfao! thanks.

DryBear
11-02-2004, 11:03 AM
One advantage Injen has over AEM is that Injen has CARB certs speicifally for the Galant (I4) - good for those pesky inspections. AEM has CARB certification, but only for the Eclipse.

Insane99
11-02-2004, 03:35 PM
Whats the point and advantage of the AEM bypass valve?

Djayfusion99_es_v6
11-02-2004, 07:43 PM
well the bypass valve prevents hydrolock

pinoyesv6
11-02-2004, 07:45 PM

well the bypass valve prevents hydrolockwhen you fully submerge the filter...

Insane99
11-02-2004, 09:51 PM
well the bypass valve prevents hydrolockwhen you fully submerge the filter...[/quote]

Uhhh. What the fuck does this mean? What is hydrolock? Oh, and i don't plan on driving my car into a lake so what the hell am i going to submerge the filter in? :puzzled1:

Fall Out Boy
11-03-2004, 12:25 AM

what about big puddles? your sayin there is still the same chance of water getting in?

pinoyesv6
11-03-2004, 02:48 AM

Uhhh. What the fuck does this mean? What is hydrolock? Oh, and i don't plan on driving my car into a lake so what the hell am i going to submerge the filter in? :puzzled1:[/quote]

hydrolock is when you get an amount of water in the combustion chamber.since water doesn't compress when the pistons go to compress the contents of the combustion chamber it can't cuz again the water won't compress, pretty much fucking up your motor.

what about big puddles? your sayin there is still the same chance of water getting in?

exactly. a big pothole, large body of water in the middle of the road. those are conditions that you can suck up water. i've heard many stories and seen many cases when this occured.

Fall Out Boy
11-04-2004, 12:33 AM
im actually considering a short ram instead.... :shock:

DryBear
11-04-2004, 03:07 AM
What you could always do is pick up the CAI, and leave it in short ram form during the rainy season then back to CAI in the summer (I think both AEM and Injen you just take off the long pipe to the bottom)