PDA

View Full Version : Removing emblems...

LasVegas01
11-03-2004, 02:02 PM
How do you do it? Are they just attached with 3M tape? Thx.

pinoyesv6
11-03-2004, 02:08 PM
How do you do it?

for the lettering, you can just pull off. you might want to heat up the emblem with like a heat gun or blow dryer to soften the adhesive. parking the car in the sun helps too if its warm enough outside.

for the tripe diamond. that too is held in with the double stick tape. but it also has 2 guide pins that align the emblem. again soften up the adhesive. then open up the trunk and you can see the guide pins. push on the guide pins and that should seperate the emblem from the car. then just pull the emblem off

Are they just attached with 3M tape?

yes

ChikagoGTZ
11-03-2004, 02:44 PM
I use 20 lb test fish line to cut the 3m adhesive off the back and then use goo gone or 3m Adhesive remover to take the residue off...

LasVegas01
11-03-2004, 03:21 PM
Thanks. The lettering includes the "Mitsubishi" and "ES" as well as "GALANT" right? I might just leave the triple diamond on there...

pinoyesv6
11-03-2004, 03:23 PM
Thanks. The lettering includes the "Mitsubishi" and "ES" as well as "GALANT" right?

yep

VegasMatt
11-03-2004, 03:47 PM
You can borrow my heavy duty heat gun if you want. I removed mine but left the mitsubishi emblem.

Grenbogys
11-03-2004, 04:54 PM
Yea i took all of my emblems off except for the triple diamond, really easy except the goo holding the emblems on was kind of hard to get off even using goo gone and etc.

Fall Out Boy
11-04-2004, 12:39 AM
Ill be removing my red diamond this weekend...bought the chrome one today when i grabbed my plates. Im gonna have to try that fishin line trick....speaking of which, anyone know where i can grab 2 strips of the galant lettering for my doors? Dealer wanted 25 a piece. Shit, i had to pay 25 for my triple diamond. Did you know you can take the eclipse lettering and make it say speed?

LasVegas01
11-04-2004, 02:27 PM
You can borrow my heavy duty heat gun if you want. I removed mine but left the mitsubishi emblem.

Thanks man, I will give you a call this weekend...