PDA

View Full Version : ripp mods

galantv600
11-06-2004, 11:34 AM
i just got ripp mods headers, thanks again peter... well anywho i was wondering how hard is it to change myself???

01GalantLSV6
11-06-2004, 01:52 PM
they bolt right up...its just a matter of tools and such. you would need a good jack and some good jack stands if you were gonna do it yourself. a lift would be ideal but im assuming you dont have access to one. if you dont have these things...it will be very difficult...maybe swing over to meineke and see how much they want for the install..it might be cheaper then you think its a very simple bolt on application.

Auto-9
11-07-2004, 10:25 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>i just got ripp mods headers, thanks again peter... Â* well anywho i was wondering how hard is it to change myself???</div>

Np. The rims are sweet even if they have a bit of curb rash it's not noticible from afar. I just hope that they fit and someone makes an aftermarket center cap that fits the wheels.

It all depends on how good you are with tools. The headers themselves are basic bolt ons that I could have probably done myself, and the most complicated part you'll have to deal with is the o2 extension. Like I told you in the emails, you may have a Fed spec car since it's a 2000 model and from Texas. The instruction sheet did not cover how to wire the Fed spec, so I don't know which o2 bung holes to plug and which to plug your sensors into.

HeadAche
11-07-2004, 11:48 AM
The install is pretty easy, just make sure you replace the header gasket, and when you tighten then down, to do both sides equally so you have the sama amount of pressure on both sides.

Danger DANJ
11-10-2004, 11:35 PM
From what I've read on the Eclipse and Stratus boards, the hardest part is getting the old stock stuff off. Many people had problems with the nuts being heat welded on. Plus reaching the ones on the rear bank will be hard without some scraped knuckles unless you have tiny hands. Some people took the intake plenum off so they had more room to work. The best way to get the nuts off if they are heat welded on is to heat them up with a torch. My Father had to help me do that to the nuts on the cat when I installed my cat-back. Once he heated them up, they came right off. If you have a Fed spec, you will have fitment problems. The length is different and the flanges won't be at the same angle.

galantv600
11-11-2004, 08:17 AM
took it to a shop, not my shop but this other one made for exhausts.. both want 300 and the guy said itll be an easy install, BUT the problem woud be the 02 sensors... something about my car habing 2 o2 sensors, and that th eheaders have 4. So that could cause i problem and id have to fool my comp to think that its perfect. whats that about?

pinoyesv6
11-11-2004, 08:31 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>BUT the problem woud be the 02 sensors... Â*something about my car habing 2 o2 sensors, and that th eheaders have 4. Â*So that could cause i problem and id have to fool my comp to think that its perfect. Â*whats that about?</div>

just like Auto-9 said previously. look at the instruction sheet and it will tell you which of the o2 sensor bungs to use and which ones to plug up. if you are still confuzed you might want to contact the guys at ripp to see which way to hook up your o2 sensors.

Danger DANJ
11-11-2004, 12:15 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(galantv600)</div><div class='quotemain'>took it to a shop, not my shop but this other one made for exhausts.. both want 300 and the guy said itll be an easy install, BUT the problem woud be the 02 sensors... Â*something about my car habing 2 o2 sensors, and that th eheaders have 4. Â*So that could cause i problem and id have to fool my comp to think that its perfect. Â*whats that about?</div>

CLICK HERE ('http://www.rippmods.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=604') - That's everything you need to know about the O2 sensors on a Fed spec. Since you will be using the front bank, please make sure when you extend the wires for the O2 sensors that it's done right.