PDA

View Full Version : Ran the 1/4 yesterday.

Phil
11-07-2004, 06:21 PM
Sorry I couldn't figure out were to post this. I was just wondering if this run was decent for a 3.0 V6 auto.

my best run of the day was.

dial...
r/t... .180 .000 is perfect
60' 2.398

1/8 10.513
mph 68.38
1/4 16.281
mph 85.05

I am guessing I am having traction issures besides the fact that it is auto. The car is stock right now. Any advice on upgrades.

pinoyesv6
11-07-2004, 06:48 PM
how fast did u plan on going and how much money you are willing to spend??

you looking for a faster car all around. or you want a car thats only fast on the track.

i mean best bang for the buck hp wise is nitrous. but you'd only want to use that power when you're racing not like on your way to the grocery store.

11-07-2004, 11:31 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phil)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry I couldn't figure out were to post this. Â*I was just wondering if this run was decent for a 3.0 V6 auto.

my best run of the day was. Â*

dial...
60' 2.398

1/8 10.513
mph 68.38
1/4 16.281
mph 85.05

I am guessing I am having traction issures besides the fact that it is auto. The car is stock right now. Â*Any advice on upgrades.</div>
You need to work on that 60' time https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

And since when is a .000 perfect? a .180 just means you staged ridiculously shallow.

ChikagoGTZ
11-08-2004, 06:37 AM
Hey Phil, next time you are going to the track, let me know, I wanna see what numbers I can run....plus it's getting freaking cold in Chicago....we only have a few more weeks until the snow hits!!!!

Phil
11-10-2004, 04:25 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phil)</div><div class='quotemain'>Sorry I couldn't figure out were to post this. Â*I was just wondering if this run was decent for a 3.0 V6 auto.

my best run of the day was. Â*

dial...
60' 2.398

1/8 10.513
mph 68.38
1/4 16.281
mph 85.05

I am guessing I am having traction issures besides the fact that it is auto. The car is stock right now. Â*Any advice on upgrades.</div>
You need to work on that 60' time https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/wink.gif

And since when is a .000 perfect? a .180 just means you staged ridiculously shallow.</div>

have you ever been to GLD in wisconsin?? That is their timing system this year. I the i need new tires. I plan on installing an sds system this summer.

11-10-2004, 04:29 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phil)</div><div class='quotemain'>have you ever been to GLD in wisconsin?? Â*That is their timing system this year. Â*I the i need new tires. Â*I plan on installing an sds system this summer.</div>
Just never one I've heard of. In every race, .500 has been a perfect light. Do they not use the yellow lights or something?

peanotation
11-10-2004, 10:43 PM
low 16 quarter mile? i'm shitting my pants in anticipation to see what i run. i have to be in the mid to low 15s then for sure.

11-10-2004, 11:09 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>low 16 quarter mile? i'm shitting my pants in anticipation to see what i run. i have to be in the mid to low 15s then for sure.</div> mid 15's?
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Nothing to be excited about.

peanotation
11-10-2004, 11:16 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>low 16 quarter mile? i'm shitting my pants in anticipation to see what i run. i have to be in the mid to low 15s then for sure.</div> mid 15's?
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

Nothing to be excited about.</div>

remember, this is an automatic rebuilt by aamco. i can actually feel the clutch continually slipping at wot with nitrous. after the 5spd.....ooooo i'm so excited.

why, what's YOUR quarter mile?

11-10-2004, 11:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>remember, this is an automatic rebuilt by aamco. i can actually feel the clutch continually slipping at wot with nitrous. after the 5spd.....ooooo i'm so excited.

why, what's YOUR quarter mile?</div>
Nothing to be excited about...but it came with a whole lot less work than what you put into your car. :thumbsup:

peanotation
11-11-2004, 12:01 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>remember, this is an automatic rebuilt by aamco. i can actually feel the clutch continually slipping at wot with nitrous. after the 5spd.....ooooo i'm so excited.

Nothing to be excited about...but it came with a whole lot less work than what you put into your car. :thumbsup:</div>

hmmm, considering the performance mods on my car took me about 7 hours work total. and thats 6 hours for the nitrous.

11-11-2004, 09:41 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(peanotation)</div><div class='quotemain'>remember, this is an automatic rebuilt by aamco. i can actually feel the clutch continually slipping at wot with nitrous. after the 5spd.....ooooo i'm so excited.

Nothing to be excited about...but it came with a whole lot less work than what you put into your car. :thumbsup:</div>

hmmm, considering the performance mods on my car took me about 7 hours work total. and thats 6 hours for the nitrous.</div>
I was talking cost, not time. Time of work is based on skill. 6 hours on a nitrous kit is pretty slow.

8G_GTZ
11-11-2004, 10:06 AM
haha, this is awesome.....i ran a -3.54.....is that pretty good?

your girl scoot is very pretty btw.

steve

seth98esT
11-11-2004, 10:20 AM
o yah! I bet I will run high 13s! 7 months work for high 13s! Talk about being efficient :bouncing:

/Off topic crew leaves. NOW Back to the original subject.

If your a stock v6 8g those times are about normal.

ChikagoGTZ
11-11-2004, 10:43 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shogun7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>

steve</div>

Watch out for those Loyola girls Scoot, my X went there, she was the top female soccer "playa" for the school....skank. https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/tongue.gif

11-11-2004, 11:17 AM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(shogun7g)</div><div class='quotemain'>haha, this is awesome.....i ran a -3.54.....is that pretty good?

steve</div>
Thank ya sir https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/smile.gif She's definitely not a "playa," https://www.thegalantcenter.org/style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif

Anyway, those times aren't horrible. Generally, for every .1 second you take off your 60' time, your ET goes down .3 seconds. That's just what I've seen, anyway.

01GalantLSV6
11-11-2004, 12:16 PM
ive seen catback/intake/blessed by god v6s like mike run 15.5-15.7, after those basic mods your left with either nitrous or spending alot of $$$

b-boy_sky
11-11-2004, 01:27 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(scootinintegra)</div><div class='quotemain'><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Phil)</div><div class='quotemain'>have you ever been to GLD in wisconsin?? Â*That is their timing system this year. Â*I the i need new tires. Â*I plan on installing an sds system this summer.</div>
Just never one I've heard of. In every race, .500 has been a perfect light. Do they not use the yellow lights or something?</div>

I saw the NHRA top fuel dragsters have moved .000 as a perfect reaction time....

Mante
11-15-2004, 12:19 PM
have you ever been to GLD in wisconsin?? That is their timing system this year. I the i need new tires. I plan on installing an sds system this summer.
Just never one I've heard of. In every race, .500 has been a perfect light. Do they not use the yellow lights or something?

I saw the NHRA top fuel dragsters have moved .000 as a perfect reaction time....

Im not sure which tracks are using the .000 vs the .500 reaction time..I prefer .000...

anyways a stock v6 running 16.2's is the average so your right on target, its amazing that the v6's have a more consistant level of performance. The I4'son the other hand can very from 96whp up to 105whp stock.. not much of difference but when your not even in triple digit's in the hp category it makes you wanna cry