View Full Version : Center Console?????

Cheekz185
11-09-2004, 09:42 PM
Can some1 help me?? I need to remove my center console cuz i need to change the bulbs under the shifter. i don t know if i have to remove the whole thing or do i just have to remove that one peice. I have 2002 galant.....

pinoyesv6
11-09-2004, 10:11 PM
remove the shift knob. there are 2 screws in the front of the shift knob that hold it in. be carefule the button will fly out when you remove the knob

remove that trim ring around the shifter.

know you got the shifter plate. there should be some screws that hold that in. remove them. i lost mine and they aren't needed so i can't tell you exactly where they are.

now on the side of the plate there are pins. one on each side. i use a pen to push the pins down and then pull the grey plastic side piece outward while pushing the black shifter plate inwards. what you want to accomplish is that pin is on the stop of the grey console piece instead of under.

once you do that you can wiggle the shifter plate free and under the plate is the socket for the bulb. twish the socket and the socket should seperate from the plate.

then just replace the bulb. the bulb just pulls in and out

o1naturalhigh
11-10-2004, 12:27 AM
hey pinoy...u know how to change the lights on the left side of the steering wheel? the ones for the power mirrors and the fog light button.

Da_MeXiKaN
11-10-2004, 09:35 AM
When I did this I didn't have to remove the shift knob. I just put the parking brake on, put it in D and rotated the plate until I could under it to remove the bulb